BlOOD CLOTS!!!! Almost died!!!!!

dreamingthin1
on 8/14/11 2:25 am, edited 8/14/11 2:26 am - miami, FL
Hello all.  I have not posted much since I have joined.  I had my surgery on 7/29/11.   It was discovered that I had blood clots in my left leg on 7/31/11.  I was given lovenox shots (blood thinners) and coumadin 7.5 mg in the hospital.  I was released and told to follow up with the coumadin clinic, which I did.  When I went to the clinic the coumadin had raised my level rather quickly so my dosage was decreased.  The following days I began to notice that I was extremely short of breath and my heart seemed to be beating abnormally fast.  I decided to go to my surgeons office and report what I was feeling.  They immediately sent me downstairs in a wheel chair for a cat scan.  It was then that the blood clots were found in my lungs (both).  I was admitted through the ER and sent into surgery to have a filter placed in the main artery through my groin.  I could not be put to sleep due to the ER placing me on heparin.  It was the next worst pain to childbirth.  I was then instructed to lie on the bed on my back for six hours.  This is when they tried to sit me up and the filter spot begin to bleed out.  This happened twice.  Total hours on my back was 11.  I was finally stabilize .  I was sent to the telemetry floor after two days in ICU where I am still currently housed. 

Do I regret my sleeve?  NO NO NO.

I feel that this hap pend due to a pre-existing injury to my foot that I felt two days before surgery .  I have faith that I am going to make it.

I am just posting this to tell my fellow OH members to listen to your bodies and take nothing for granted.  Love yourself and take care of yourself. 

Keep me in your prayers as I do the same for you. Be blessed.

Becca20015
on 8/14/11 2:43 am
I am glad it was caught in time.  I will keep you in my prayers.
(deactivated member)
on 8/14/11 2:51 am - MD
I'm so sorry to hear about your complications to say the least wow, I feel so bad for you but so glad it was caught and they are taken such good care of you! Stay positive and get better soon......
mawmawpenny
on 8/14/11 2:57 am - LA
You have been through so much and yet you still have a positive attitude. What a wonderful person you must be. Sending  prayers and wishing you the very best recovery.  Great success on your journey. You deserve it.

Penny
youngnfit
on 8/14/11 2:59 am
Sending prayers and hugs your way. Glad to see that you are well enough to get on OH and report what you've been through. Stay positive!

"Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory." Ghandi    
The_Chungs
on 8/14/11 3:05 am
Blood clots have been my big fear...I had pulmonary embolli when I was 16 and was hospitalized for a week.  It started just like you said, short of breath and rapid heart beat.  My lungs were full of tiny clots all over and doctors told my mother that I was going to die (they didn't tell me that)  They put me on a coumadin drip (IV) for a week and every single one of those clots magically cleared up (a medical mystery that I call a miracle). 

I tell you this story because I know you'll be fine.  You sound like you are in good hands and they are taking every precaution with you.  I will keep you in my prayers and feel free to friend me!  I'm in Broward County and only have one local OH friend.  I'd love to put together a meet up event for us SoFla people in a few months!

Stay positive, my dear!! 

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." -  Confucius  
Height:  5'10  HW:  400  SW:  374.6  GW:  160    

foodlover
on 8/14/11 3:11 am
please keep us posted.  Much love and prayers heading your way.
julyxo84
on 8/14/11 3:12 am - Pembroke Pines, FL
 Wow that is scary, thank goodness you are ok. Dr. Rosenthal is a great doctor!
 [ Hi, I'm stefanie, I'm 28 years old and 5'3'' ]

Onedaysoon
on 8/14/11 3:16 am - PA
Wow you are very,  very lucky to be here to tell the story! I also hava an IVC filter placed through my groin, but I had mine done while I on the operating table for my VSG. It was discovered through bloodwork that I have a genetic blood clotting disorder. I am thankful to have the filter and I am also on a Coumadin regimen and have to do blood work twice per week, but it is all worth it. I have had 3 pregnancies and 3 c-sections in the past 7 years and I am unbelievably lucky that I never had any problems with clotting during them. When that happens, God knows it can be extremely tragic for the mother or child and sometimes both.

Wishing you speedy recovery!
~Carly~
~

Paige V.
on 8/14/11 3:36 am - Gainesville, FL
thoughts and prayers!@
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views