how long?

sleeverinKC
on 8/16/11 3:27 am
Hey all, once you started on solids how long did you supplement with protein shakes?  or did you?  I am slowly adding solids in and I have noticed that if I don't have at least 1 protein shake that I am no where near my protein goal with the limited amount of food I can eat.  has anyone else had this problem? 
My Journey to a HEALTHY Mom, Wife, Sister, Daughter, and Friend!!   

tristak
on 8/16/11 3:47 am
I am 10.5 months out and still supplementing with 1 protein shake per day (Premier 30gms of protein per serving).  I figure I will need to do this at a minimum through my losing phase if not a bit longer - in order for me to get in enough protein I would have to consume too many calories for the losing phase.

5'2"
HW - 310/SW 300/Day of Surgery 293.2/CW - 182.2 (2/26/19), fleur de lys abdominoplasty 2/12/19 - removed 8lbs of skin from abdomen.

Maryatt50
on 8/16/11 6:56 am
 I am 1 1/2 years post op and still supplement most day with a protein shake.  I can't see how that would hurt.  
Lisa J.
on 8/16/11 7:18 am - OK
On August 16, 2011 at 10:27 AM Pacific Time, sleeverinKC wrote:
Hey all, once you started on solids how long did you supplement with protein shakes?  or did you?  I am slowly adding solids in and I have noticed that if I don't have at least 1 protein shake that I am no where near my protein goal with the limited amount of food I can eat.  has anyone else had this problem? 
You are newly sleeved. There is a very slim chance that at this point you can get ALL your water AND your protein in every day. WE ALL go through this. The water is the most important part and if you have to use a shake to get the protein in, by God, do it! Since we all have different healing times, different sensitivities, reactions etc, you do what you have to, to get in the protein. Not only did I have to force myself to eat for several months, when I did it was incredibly small amounts. I stuck hard and fast to the rules and the program. But you get it anyway you can get it.

Good luc****ep doing what you're doin!!
Lisa J
HW: 277   Day of Surgery: 234    CW: 161 Goal: 135 sounds good but....? Who knows!

HW/277   EVAL/260  PREOP/246  SURGERY DAY/243   CW/162 1/3/2011
(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 7:55 am
 I have heard some people say their dr. or nut told them to stop using them but I imagine I will be drinking about one a day forever! I like them and they are a great breakfast when I don't feel like eating food. The nut said it was fine to keep drinking them as long as I didn't get too many calories. It also cures my chocolate cravings so I have no plans on giving them up.
Most Active