Recover Time?

pharmagirl
on 8/17/11 3:58 am
Hi All - I am new to this group, this is my first post.  I am 6 days away from surgery and and obviously quite excited.  I do have a question for you post-surgery folks:

How long did it take before you really felt good?  My surgery date is 24Aug11 and I have a wedding on 10Sep.  Then, I travel (fly) for work on 12Sep.  Do you think I will be ready for all of that?  I know everyone heals differently, I just don't want to set myself up for something that absolutely isn't possible.  
perfectlayde
on 8/17/11 5:15 am
Everyone heals differently as you said, but I had my surgery on July 11th and was out of the hospital on July 12th.  I went back to the doctor's office a week later to have my staples out and I felt just fine.  Still had some soreness on the left side of my stomach (which is where most of the work was done) but nothing serious.  I just made sure to take my pain meds regularly as I needed them.  When I first got out of the hospital, I was taking them every 4 hrs like clockwork.

I fly for my job every week and I was back to flying 2 weeks after my surgery and have been flying every week since.

Good luck on your journey!
HW- 357 | SW - 346.2 | CW - 244.0 | GW - 175

Feed your faith and your doubts will starve to death!          
Joy J.
on 8/17/11 6:18 am - Laurel, MD
I am just over 2 weeks post-op and am still home on sick leave.  stopped taking pain meds the second night and didn't have too much pain--discomfort but not really pain.  I do have a low energy level that seems to be getting better every day.  Just remember to walk because that definitely helps.   Good luck to you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 102 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 326 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 370 views