Strictly for those 9 months out or more

Princess4ever
on 8/17/11 10:21 pm
 I have not been on this site for a while. I am doing ok but I was wondering if anyone is having bouts with acid pain. I am starting to have it more often than I did when I first had my surgery.  I am still taking my acid meds and vitamins but the acid is still there.........Any advice on how long this will go on and if this is normal???

Thanks you guys for all your help. When I was a newbie this site was a God send......

Princess

Today will one day be "Back in the Day" Enjoy it now!

Princess4ever
on 8/17/11 10:40 pm
 Ok, a lot of you are reading but I guess no one reading is 9 or more months out.  Well, if any of you can give any advice it would be appreciated...  Thanks

Princess

Mimi N. Y.
on 8/17/11 10:47 pm - New York, NY

Hi there sweetie!

Once in a while I get a little reflux but it's when I eat something acidic like tomato sauce. I haven't taken Prevacid for many many months. Prior to my surgery I would get a little reflux from time to time, but definitely much less now after getting my sleeve 13 months ago.
michellemj
on 8/17/11 10:48 pm
I'm 10mo. out and still take an acid blocker to deal with hunger issues, but not really acid pain per se, but I've never had an issue with true reflux.

Maybe you need to switch PPIs or something? Have you talked to your PCP or surgeon?

HW: 280; SW: 255; GW1: 150; CW: 155.

Princess4ever
on 8/17/11 10:57 pm
 NO I haven't spoken to my surgeon since my surgery. I don't have money to spend going back and forth to the doctor each month. I know you guys would strangle me if you could reach me but I went back to the doctor one time since my surgery. I feel great except for the acid. I don't have acid reflux where it comes to my throat,  I can feel it in my stomack like a burning sensation. Once I talk my acid liquid(don't remember the name)... it goes away.  But it comes back the next day. 

Princess

ravenssummer
on 8/17/11 11:09 pm - West Warwick, RI
I know I'm not 9+ months but it almost sounds like an ulcer so you may want to get checked out. I know money is tough but if is an ulcer it need to be taken care of.
HW 348 SW 329 CW 196  

Princess4ever
on 8/17/11 11:25 pm
 Thanks  you guys for all your comments.  I think I will go to the doctor and see about the ulcer... I didn't think of that. 
Thanks again....

Princess

Andrea2222
on 8/17/11 11:42 pm - Sharonville, OH
I take a Prilosec pill about once a day or once every two days. It works great and totally takes away the acid pain/burning sensation, which often feels like hunger.
HW: 380   SW: 321   CW: 214  GW: 145  

michellemj
on 8/17/11 11:47 pm
I take a Prilosec daily and I have since surgery. But yes, it could be something more serious like an ulcer.

It sucks when money is super tight, but your health is important. Take care of you!

HW: 280; SW: 255; GW1: 150; CW: 155.

novascotiadawn
on 8/18/11 12:38 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Hi there Princess!

I am 3+ years out and have to take my acid meds regulary still!!! If I miss them for a couple of days, it lets me know who boss is and it isn't me...hehehe!!

Hugs

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views