Feels good to find inspiration and hope from others

Lexie 84
on 8/18/11 11:13 pm - Washington, DC
VSG on 03/13/12
I'm so excited for my co-worker. She got sleeved last month. She walked in to work looking AMAZING. I've been able to tell her loss since she came back to work. But when she came in today, it was like WHOAAAAAAAA, hot mama!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm extremely happy for her and I told her it just gave me a new boost of hope and inspiration for me to continue forward in my journey. It's b/c of her I even looked into the surgery. I still have 4 months left of nutritional visits. I want to remain hopeful and steadfast during this time (rebuking the carb/snacking spirit that likes to take over my very soul!) . It's a good thing I have her to look at everyday (no homo! LOL). That should keep me focused! :)

George B.
on 8/19/11 12:49 am - Miami, FL
I have a co-worker who was sleeved 2 yaers before I was. His transformation was inspiring. When I decided on the sleeve he answered my questions and put my fears to rest. 

Since my surgery three of my friends have gone on to have the VSG. I was able to do for them what my co-worker did for me.

Once you're sleeved you'll see how many people you inspire.

Good luck,
George

pebbles4388
on 8/19/11 3:59 am - MA
VSG on 01/12/12
It's great to have motivators like that to look at. It does keep you encouraged. I know a few people who have been sleeved, and they are really looking great!

Banded on 11/02/06. Looking forward to a revision to VSG.  

Lisa J.
on 8/19/11 4:14 am - OK

I was the inspiration for a coworker as well, and I could not be happier for her! She's lost 118lbs since January! She thanks me every day ;-)

You know how when we all have dieted in the past, it was only when we finally decided to do it? Not because anybody said anything--we just weren't "there" yet. She obviously wasn't in the place to hear about my surgery in detail, to really listen, even though she was in total support. Last fall she casually said "Well I sure wi**** didn't cost $25,000" and I said "It doesn't! It was 1/2 that and our insurance covers all the out of pocket stuff -- she finally checked it out and found they were having a 'sale' if you booked a consultation and started the process, and got the surgery done before 12/31/10 it was $9999. Bargain. She jumped on that like a terrier on a rat and hasn't looked back!

Even though you can read all the positive stories and the disbelief of others as they go through this process, and the wonderful NSV's and stuff, you simply cannot believe it's also going to happen to you! FINALLY!! And when it does you become that crazy person dancing in the bedroom trying all the old "new" smaller clothes on!

If that's not motivation I don't know what is! ;-)

Lisa J
HW: 277   Day of Surgery: 234    CW: 161 Goal: 135 sounds good but....? Who knows!

HW/277   EVAL/260  PREOP/246  SURGERY DAY/243   CW/162 1/3/2011
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 268 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views