wrinkles

AMoody
on 8/22/11 11:44 pm - Mayville, MI
VSG on 02/06/12
Im just now giong threw the process of getting insurance approval for the sleeve, my question is, Im 50 years old and I know that this is gonna sound vain, but I dont have wrinkles, guess my fat works like filler, anyway, what is gonna happen when you lose the weight? will my skin go back somewhat? or will wrinkles suddenly appear and I wont recogninze myself in the mirror?

H.W 247 L.W 170 C.W 238 G.W 145

Vicky712
on 8/23/11 1:15 am - Bryan, TX
 I am 3 years post op and 54 years old.  You can go to my profile and look at pics if you feel like it.  I do have some loose skin but in my tummy area and arms.  Hope I can be of some encouragement to you.  Good luck in your weight loss journey!
walmartian
on 8/23/11 7:58 am
I think it depends on your skin type, etc. I'm 50, but did too much sunning when I was younger, so have some damage. It didn't show much, but now...ai yi yi, my face is wrinkly and my neck is worse. But it beats being 300+  pounds and feeling like garbage all the time. I'm hoping to save up enough $$$ to get a mini facelift when I'm 55, maybe. Unless I decide to have my flappy boobs repaired instead--they actually BUG me,physically.

VintageChick
on 8/23/11 9:16 am
I'm 45 and really wondering the same thing.  I constantly have people surprised to find out I'm an empty-nester. 

I figure the rest of my body's gonna' end up looking like melted wax, but I sure hate to lose my 'young face', too!  I guess what will be, will be. 

I guess I'd rather die at 85 looking 85 and be buried in a normal-sized coffin than die at 50 looking like I'm 30 and have my family need to pick out a plus-size coffin!
AMoody
on 8/23/11 12:25 pm - Mayville, MI
VSG on 02/06/12
good way to look at it, I may be over stepping my bounds here but may I ask how much everyone weighs/lost? I worry that the sleeve is not going to get me enough weight loss, Im 5' 4'' and weigh 238#'s. I do want to say this is the first time ever in my whole life I have ever told ANYONE my weight, even at dr's apointments I refused to get on scales.. I m praying that the insurance company comes threw but I have blue care net and who knows how thats gonna play out. I suffer from high blood pressure and edema.. I have found myslef a support group near me and I plan on attending. I have also decided to schedule an appoinment with an therapist who works with over weight people. Wish me luck!

H.W 247 L.W 170 C.W 238 G.W 145

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 270 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views