lopsided loser

daddysgrl
on 8/23/11 2:41 am - Flagstaff, AZ
I just dont know if anyone else has had this problem? My bottom half seems to be losing more than my top half. i started this journey as a 24 bottom and 4x top. and now 4 months later i am a 16 bottom and a 2x top. My breast and arms are still huge! although the belly is going down. Has anyone else lost weight so lopsidedly? if so what did u do to try to even things out?

Lisa J.
on 8/23/11 2:57 am - OK
FIRST OF ALL, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I don't really think you're all that lopsided to tell the truth, you're down 2 sizes in tops and almost at 1/2 the size you were in pants. Sounds like you didn't have much junk in the trunk? HA HA.

I have a feeling that it will even out when it can, however it can. But truth be told, what is your shape anyway? Are you more of a pear? Or have you never known because you've been big all your life? I don't know that you CAN do anything about it but you dang sure can try! ;-)

I'm not a big physical nut but I would assume that if you work on the upper half of your body with weights, you'd bring some of the breast/arms area down, replacing the fat with muscle till you feel somewhat balanced. I truly have no idea. But it's worth a try!

Best of luck to you and keep up the excellent work! Isn't it great???
Lisa J
HW: 277   Day of Surgery: 234    CW: 161 Goal: 135 sounds good but....? Who knows!

HW/277   EVAL/260  PREOP/246  SURGERY DAY/243   CW/162 1/3/2011
wls2011
on 8/23/11 3:20 am - Ballston Lake, NY
I'm still a bit lopsided... but opposite of you...my top half has lost the most...
I am down to a Medium top (lost a ton in the chest) but still size 14 in most pants...(I could get into smaller pants probably, if it wasn't for the roll of loose belly skin)
I started from a size 3x top and a size 24 bottoms at my heaviest...so I guess really I have lost a lot in the bottom, but it just seems slower, now that I can't imagine really losing more on top...and want the bottom to catch up...
But I'm really lifting the weights now, and things are looking tighter and more balanced...

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

dguenat123
on 8/23/11 4:43 am - Belton, TX
VSG on 12/21/10 with
Another thing you could think about is how large were you wearing your clothes before surgery. My tops were huge (I thought they covered the fat) and my pants were always tight. My shirts are getting smaller than the pants faster because now I don't mind wearing tops that actually fit.

Just a thought....
Live, Love and Laugh!    
Krazydoglady
on 8/23/11 6:46 am - FL
I'm opposite.  I carry a lot more weight on the bottom than top.  To put it in perspective, when I first started taking measurements, I was 50-45-60.  I'm now 38-31-42 (and in a bikini as I write this -- the advantage of having my own pool).  I'm a full size bigger on the bottom than top.   As a percentage, I've lost more in the hips than bust, but I was relatively smaller on top to start with.  I've lost the most weight off my waist.  My waist to hip ration started off at 75% and has gone down to 73%.   That's good going to better, but it's a function of my natural build.   I'm lucky from a health standpoint that my 'stubborn' fat is on my hips and thighs.  Less lucky when I want to do things like, wear a swimsuit or a short skirt, lol. 

My mother is 120lbs and carries all her weight around her middle -- completely opposite, but she could still rock a micro-mini at age 77 if she so desired (which she wouldn't in a million years, even when she was in her 30's).

The good is that my 'un-even' body is evening out the lower I get. I'm only really 1 size different top to bottom, now, instead of 2.  You'll be fine.  I do exercise a lot and work with a trainer. 

Carolyn  (32 lbs lost Pre-op) HW: 291, SW: 259, GW: 129.5, CW: 126.4 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views