sipping water

AMoody
on 8/25/11 7:23 am - Mayville, MI
VSG on 02/06/12
Ok, Im trying to change before my surgery(here is where postive thinking comes in because my insurance has not oked it) but I hear everyone say about sipping water, well I have to be honest, when I get a bottle of water, its like half way gone, how can you sip? My dr talked about getting a sippy cup, for real? Im hoping they come in adult versions because a baby sippy cup isnt something I want to use..any information or suggestions would be welcome, Thanks

H.W 247 L.W 170 C.W 238 G.W 145

Jan G.
on 8/25/11 7:52 am - WI
I was told that you do not need the baby sippy cup (tho I got one already) but for some it helps them slow down and SIP, not gulp.

Also not sure it will make sense to try it now..but trust me after surgery you WILL go slow..or its uncomfortable. So do not worry about that now.

However, you can cut down portions now..and chew alot of times to experience what they feels like.

Good luck with your auth for surgery.

Jan

VSG: 08/05/2011   Age 62   5 foot:  HW: 207    SW 194   CW 156

VickyO
on 8/25/11 8:04 am - Riverside, CA
I got a sippy-cup cuz I'm a gulper!  It was a good thing.  Felt silly, but it worked!  Mine was lime green and hot pick and it was more like a sippy-glass.  Good luck to you!

AMoody
on 8/25/11 9:03 am - Mayville, MI
VSG on 02/06/12
where did you find it? Just at walmarts or target?

VickyO
on 8/25/11 9:18 am - Riverside, CA
Target :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 268 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views