Does tasteless protein exsist?

dreamingthin1
on 8/25/11 6:38 am - miami, FL
Hello fellow OH family.  Is there really a tasteless odorless protein powder out there?  I can not stand the smell or taste of protein products any more.  I am attempting to handle the protein pudding by MHP, which is not too bad.  Any suggestions?

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/11 6:40 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
No.  None of it is tasteless - FLAVORLESS as in, not banana, not strawberry, not chocolate, but not tasteless. 

I do not have a problem with it, but if you mix it in the smallest amount of water and then chug it like a shot, its over and you do not have to breathe in its heady aroma! 

I like Optimum Nutrition and go through 10 pounds a month and have for over a year now, so, I have had some that taste like possumbutt (the Isopuke I did not like!) I like this.
MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 8/26/11 7:16 am - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with
Possumbutt.....I just snorted coffee on that one. 
Not even going to ask how you know what possumbuttt tastes like.
     Never, never, never give up!
...though she be but little, she is FIERCE...
A Midsummer Night's Dream
(deactivated member)
on 8/26/11 7:54 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Roadkill!  Do not you know, "if yer smellin it, yer tastin it!!" 

:}

Ol stanky possumbutt!
Beverly_Alley
on 8/25/11 6:49 am - LA
I am doing my two week liquid protein diet preparing for surgery on Wed.,Aug. 31 and believe me... the unflavored is not tasteless at all.  On my second day of this, I was wimpering and afraid I'd never find one I like.  But I love the Myoplex.  Comes in the usual flavors.  At first I thought all of them were too thick and sweet, but I learned that if I pour them over ice and let it sit for a couple of minutes, that it really helps.  The Myoplex comes in both 11 and 17 oz package.  The 11 oz is 20g and the 17 is 42!  I like the Strawberry and the French Vanilla.  I went out and bought several different flavors of several differnet kinds until I found some I could like.  Good luck to you.
AnastasiaBeaverhausn
on 8/25/11 8:34 am
This has been getting me through - Root beer float

6 oz of flat diet root beer
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
Several ice cubes

Blend.  I can actually stomach this after all those shakes and the smell of root beer helps mask the smell of the protein powder.
HW - 275  SW- 226  GW-150  

dreamingthin1
on 8/27/11 11:57 am - miami, FL
Thanks for all the suggestions.  I am going to keep trying.  This is so hard for me.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views