Should have read Blue Care Net of MIchigan

AMoody
on 8/27/11 2:01 am - Mayville, MI
VSG on 02/06/12
I would like to know if anyone has gone threw the insurance company Blue Care Net of MIchigan and if so how easy was it, and is there anything I need to know to make this happen? Any and all information would be greatly appreciated.. still waiting in Mayville MI.
Dawnie 88
on 8/27/11 2:14 am
I have Blue Care Network..HMO..State of Michigan employees..

My BMI was over 50..so they waived the 6mth supervised diet.  From the date of the orientation until day of surgery was only 2-1/2 mths.  After my last appt the paperwork was faxed to BCN for approval, I heard back from the doc's office just 2 hours later with an approval and a surgery day.

AMoody
on 8/27/11 2:21 am - Mayville, MI
VSG on 02/06/12
Wow that was quick. My BMI is 40 but I do have high blood pressure, my sleep study came back negitive but I did get the green light from the psych evaluation..I found that out right then and there.. but now what? I have already went and sat threw a session with the surgen and now have my psychological evaluation oked.. Im so worried about the  insurance not giving the approval and I will feel just so defeated and let down.. Thanks for the reply
Dawnie 88
on 8/27/11 2:25 am
After the pysch evaluation..my surgeon's office got ahold of me with what was needed next.  I had to also meet w/a behaviorist at my surgeons office..they require this.  All testing that was needed was told to me by the surgeons office..so i just sat back and waited on their word on what else was needed.

You may end up needing the 6mth supervised diet..i'm guessing (but not positive).  I know the only reason i didn't was because my BMI was over 50.

I hope you get everything approved..and quickly!

Stacy160
on 8/27/11 7:43 am
BCN generally blows altogether, but your first step should be looking at your specific policy to see if bariatric services are even covered at all.   That would be something your employer decided on when they went with BCN, not necessarily a BCN restriction.   Then, if your policy covers it, go for it!!

HW 258    SW 246.4    CW 166.8 GW 160    
                     (reflects loss from all-time high weight in November 2009)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 270 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views