Got my surgery date!!!

southtexas
on 8/29/11 9:10 am
Well, this is happening a lot faster than I thought. I faxed the insurance approval letter to my surgeon's office this morning and we have already scheduled my surgery date. I will be sleeved on September 20th! I start my two week pre-op diet next Tuesday, the 6th.

I am really starting to get nervous now. Any advice is welcome! I'm very excited but, I have never had surgery before. How do you deal with the anxiety in the weeks before surgery?

TheBiscuit
on 8/29/11 9:32 am - TX
 Congrats! I'm jealous =) Still have a couple more consultations to go until I'm good to schedule mine. Being someone who deals with anxiety very well, though, my suggestion would be to keep yourself incredibly busy. Hunger and worry really do vanish if you work out (who could be hungry after they sweat a lot? eww), engage in activities with friends, go window shopping a bunch. You can start picking out the stuff you'll want to wear once you start dropping weight!

For me, if I get hunger pains I throw my ass up on the treadmill and burn it off. Serving two purposes! No more stress, that many more calories burned. Same thing if I start to freak out about anything stressful. Being engaged in something constantly really, really does calm the mind.
southtexas
on 8/29/11 12:37 pm
Thanks! I will have a lot going on prior to my surgery date. My Mom is having surgery next week (kidney stones and gallbladder removed) so, I will be busy taking care of her. And of course, there is work. My husband will be gone for work the week before my surgery so, I guess I will Zumba till it's time for bed!

Thanks for the advice!!!
abrown8434
on 8/29/11 11:13 am - VA
CONGRATULATIONS--we have the same date!!! I literally decided last Tuesday I want the surgery (after 10 yrs), had an appt on Fri and received my date at the same time. Now I have pre and post op appointments from now all the way till Nov 17th!!

The advice I would give you is to use the message boards for your WLS type and Youtube. You can really gain a wealth of info from people who have been through this.

Best of luck to you and God bless you!
southtexas
on 8/29/11 12:43 pm
Congratulations to you as well! I am very happy and excited for you. I am taking your advice. I am on OH several times a day. I have watched a lot of youtube videos as well, trying to take in as much as I can before the surgery.

Please stay in touch, my surgery sister. We will go through this journey together.
God bless you as well and I look forward to seeing all of your success! 

~ Jen
abrown8434
on 8/30/11 12:44 pm - VA
I definitely will. You have to do your research to be prepared but if something is for you it is for you. Don't let anything discourage and know in your heart what God has declared over your life. What God has for you is for you!

God Bless,

--Alesha
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 69 views