Size 28 Bougie

Rekeca
on 8/30/11 9:05 am - NC
My Doctor stated that he uses a 28 bougie. I have never heard of this size. The lowest I have heard of people using is a 32. I trust my surgeon. I know he is great and he is the head man in charge. Do anyone else have this size or any information about it.

(deactivated member)
on 8/30/11 9:13 am
Apparently my surgeon's method using something other than a bougie ends up with approximately a 28 f sized sleeve. Very restrictive, but he's had great success and has done several thousand sleeves and I am sure I will be grateful for the restriction as the time goes by.
(deactivated member)
on 8/30/11 9:22 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with

BelizeSleeve's surgeon uses a 28 also. 

Rekeca
on 8/30/11 9:32 am - NC
OK. That is good to know.  I was worried there for a minute.

Maintaining Cindy
on 8/30/11 10:26 am
Hi There I am Belize Sleeve....

My surgeon uses a 32 F, but I asked for it as tight as he could do it safely.  He figures it is a 30 F oversewn, so similar to a 28 F.

Now please know I am almost 6 ft tall, so my tiny tummy still holds a lot, more than most.  My surgeon had to use a whole extra cartridge of staples on me because my tummy was so long.

I wish mine was tighter, but it is neat to be able to eat so much, and still maintain, it just scares me sometimes how much I can still put in there.

If you are short(er) your tummy will be smaller, so be careful.  I wanted to go VERY thin, if you want to keep you curves in my opinion 28 F may be tight for you....  ask around please.

All the best in your journey.

Cindy

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 65 views