Notice people are "smashing" now!

Prettygia
on 9/2/11 5:27 am - MD
I have noticed over the past couple of weeks is that people are really "smashing" down there food! I used to be one of those people. Now I am unable to do that any longer. I now eat things slower. Even though it seems like I can still feel the food making its way down I still hope this is only temporary.  I went out on a date the other night and Wendy's wa**** food of choice.OMG he ordered a triple cheeseburger! Almost in an instant I got indigestion just even thinking about him eating that sandwich. I did not order anything of course, but I wanted ti share with everyone. This has been a life changing experience for most of us on here and even though it seems as though (in my mind ) my weight loss has stalled, I still think that this was the best decison that I could have made.

Also a little advice is needed if anyone could help. I am going away for a weekend and next week marks my month surgiversary, what could I possibly eat? I see my surgeron on next Friday I am not sure if he will clear me for solids yet or not. I HOPE SO! 

Thanks
[url=http://www.weight-loss-center.net/weight-loss-tickers.html][img]http://www.weight-loss-center.net/weight-loss-tickers/uploads/tickers/fd6b1c6abeed7a2.gif[/img][/url]

(deactivated member)
on 9/2/11 5:37 am
I was the opposite after my op, lol. Home and in pain, feeling sorry for myself cos of the month long liqud diet, I tortured myself by watching Man vs. Food, lol.  Now the show grosses me out, but I went through a food mourning period for sure, lol

As for what to take, have you found a protein shake you like yet?  I'd take a few protein shakers with premeasured scoops in so all you have to add is water or milk.  Also have a look at cuppa soups....the ones without chunks.  Yogurts are good.  You didn't say whether it was a roadtrip or via plane, but if it is a roadtrip, take an ice chest with some yogurts (low carb) as a treat you can also have sugar free ice cicles and fudge cicles and cups of sugar free jello :) Hope that gives you a couple of ideas:)
IrishColleen
on 9/2/11 3:51 pm - Owosso, MI
 I too have really noticed "other peoples" eating habits.  Was I really like that too?  Sure thing, I think we all were which is why were here now!  So glad to be on this side of the bench.

I had to go to a conference when I was about 5 weeks out.  My doc had me on mushies still at that time.  We ate out for 4 days.  

I had french onion soup - minus the cheese and crouton, I could also have cream soups but you can't have them too often because of the higher fat content, turkey and cheese sandwiches - minus the bread of course, shrimp appetizer, scallop appetizer, refried beans and cheese, Wendy's chili is high protein and low fat per my NUT,  Chobani yogurt is great in almost every flavor and about 15 grams of protein, 

Good luck and have a safe and fun trip!

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity and fear but a spirit of power and love and self discipline."  2 Tim. 1:7     So with HIS power, love and self-discipline - I WILL DO THIS!
HW:250 SW: 232 CW: 164  GW: 150 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 79 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 291 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 343 views