When did you quit crushing meds

smbergie200
on 9/3/11 1:24 pm - Naples, FL
I'm getting sick of crushing meds. How far out did you wait before you swallowed them whole?

Plastics - Extended Tummy Tuck - February 6th 2013

lanunes
on 9/3/11 1:35 pm - CA
 I never crushed my meds....Was taking pills  the day after my surgery. Never have had any problems. Surgeon said it was ok. 
      Leslie Nunes              
Cathy2402
on 9/3/11 1:37 pm
I never crushed my pills either. I took pills the same day as my surgery and everyday since. I haven't had any issues. Talk to your doctor.
HW: 338 SW: 324 GW: 180-160

percheron
on 9/3/11 1:42 pm
I've been taking them since surgery day.  The ones that can be broke in half I do, otherwise, just take it as normal, less water but pretty much as before.

Good luck, talk to your doctor, hope they can help you with this. 
windyacres
on 9/3/11 1:45 pm - Garner, NC
 At the hospital, one of the nurses told me that a lot of docs allowed their patients to swallow anything that was smaller than a mini M&M.  So, although my doctor generally has people crush them for a month!!! when I asked him about this he said I could cut certain ones up.  So I decided to swallow any that were very small, and cut the others in little pieces and swallow the bits one at a time.  I just could NOT tolerate the taste the of crushed meds, no matter what - especially Lipitor!

Edie
Approved 8-1-11, Surgery 8-22-11  SW 231, Goal 140, CW 165

Ulysses
on 9/3/11 2:04 pm

Same here, I never crushed a pill. My Calcium Citrate is huge so I snap it in half; but my Surgeon never had me crush them...

Jason
VSG Surgery on April 26th, 2011
"Get busy living…or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." ~ Red, The Shawshank Redemption   

jojoslim
on 9/3/11 5:55 pm
I crushed or cut them up for 2 weeks but they were so foul that I just tried swallowing the centrum after that and it went down with no issues.  Just give it a whirl!

smbergie200
on 9/3/11 6:58 pm - Naples, FL
Cool - Thanks guys - I just didnt want to mess anything up. Good to know thanks. I will brave the pill swallowing on monday when I start the soft food phase.

Plastics - Extended Tummy Tuck - February 6th 2013

Seldern
on 9/3/11 7:20 pm - Belmont , NC
I was wondering the same thing. Good to know. I see your in Clt. Who did your surgery? I was sleeved 8/29 by Dr Kuwada. Best of luck!
Smardeepants
on 9/4/11 2:44 am
I've never crushed mine, either. I do a chewable multi (they are so huge!) but take everything else normally.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 310 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 357 views