Caffeine withdrawals

southtexas
on 9/4/11 6:48 am
I need some feedback. Monday, I drank my last Diet Pepsi. I have been doing better than I thought I would with no soda. Well today is the first day that I have had no caffeine at all. I don't drink tons of coffee or soda normally. Usually just one caffeinated beverage a day is all I need. 

So, I am trying to get off the caffeine before surgery and.....it sucks!!!

My head has been killing me all day. I thought part of it may be allergies but I have taken allergy meds twice today and the pain is still pretty intense. When do you start feeling better after kicking the caffeine habit? What did you go through when you gave it up? 

Arrrghh!

Jackie00
on 9/4/11 6:59 am
I gave mine up gradually but I guess I am doing it wrong cause my tea has caffeine in it. Anyways it is good to stop all of the bad stuff prior to your pre op.

Anyways I have heard that the headaches can last for two weeks.
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

Ms. Poker Face
on 9/4/11 7:06 am
I gave mine up gradually too and now I don't miss it.  Better to do it early than wait until surgery and have that withdrawl on top of all the things that come with surgery.  You'll have enough to focus on without having to worry about caffiene withdrawl post-op too yet.

Keep going!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

thin1soon
on 9/4/11 7:08 am
It's not bad at all.  I'm almost 3 years out and hardly ever have any.  Switched over to decaf after surgery and enjoy it. . . that way I can count my coffee as my liquid for the day :)  Once you get used to it, you should feel better.
thin1soon  TN

Pre-surgery weight 11/6/08-253
Post surgery (12 wks.) 2/3/09-185
68 pounds lost

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 73 views