Anxiety is making me FATTER!

sheluvs2luv
on 9/10/11 4:40 am
I just cannot shake this anxiety! Excersise would probably help, but I have become so heavy for my small frame that it hurts to walk sometimes!! UUUUUUUGH! Waiting for approval, then resubmitting paperwork, then a surgery date, then waiting for "The Day" has made me gain like 10 pnds! Thank God I am only 3 days away from surgery! I have been hanging on by a thread. Through this process I have really come to realize that I am an emotional eater!! I cannot pin point my fears or nervousness or if its just excitement, but my emotions have been a hurricaine for the past 2 months. Happy-depressed-sad-nervous-hopeful- which just leads to eating-eating-eating-eating!!  Has anyone else gone through this before surguery??

Paige V.
on 9/10/11 5:17 am - Gainesville, FL
I am up about 20 since I started this process close to a year ago..

visit my blog at www.thenursemommy.com!
start weight-288 pre-op -5lbs month 1-23lbs month2-14lbs month 3-minus 13lbs month4-minus 12lbs month5-13lbs month 6-8lbs   GOAL-21months out after having a post-WLS baby!

sheluvs2luv
on 9/10/11 7:31 am
 Really Paige? I thought I was the only one not doing the pre-op dieting and exercise! I realized that once I got on the scale and noticed it I have slowed down with the cravings and endless snacking, so it is good that we are at least aware. Today I am drinking a lot of water and eating a little more protein. I do feel better. On my last Dr. appt I found out that I was anemic, so I also got some iron tonic and that has been helping a ton! I dont feel sleepy all the time anymore. OH and folks like you have been my greatest life lone to tell you the truth! Thanks so much for listening babe!    
nilesmama08
on 9/10/11 5:39 am - Atlanta , GA
I understand your anxiety! I have been extremely busy today. I did an intense workout at the gym, last minute shopping for supplies, shampooing my carpets, grading papers(teacher), and creating substitute lesson plans! I feel good and I will remain busy until Wednesday. This is my way to deal with anxiety. We will do awesome!
cozmo98
on 9/10/11 7:12 am - GA
don't stress its A LOT easier than I thought. I had my surgery 3 days ago and I feel wonderful. I haven't taken pain medicine once and I go walking everyday and went to movies today (although the laughing kinda made me sore). I gained 10 lbs the week before my surgery I was so stressed and doing the stupid "last meals" but once you have the surgery you realize the stress was for nothing. Good luck on your journey!
sheluvs2luv
on 9/10/11 8:13 am
 Man you guys on OH don't know how helpful you have actualy been for me! Chris it feels amazing to hear you say that you did the same exact thing that I am doing right now with the "last meals" and gained weight too... But that you passed that phase! I too now have faith that I will pass this phase! I will take ur advice and not sweat it!  
roundater
on 9/10/11 7:36 am - Lincoln, NE
If the surgery is like mine, you have nothing to stress about. I had minimal pain, gone in 2 days, 92 days out and feel absolutely great. Once you trade in your partial stomach for a brand new you, you won't need to stress and have the overeating attacks. I had more discomfort going to the dentist than this surgery.
Rich Sonderegger

(deactivated member)
on 9/10/11 8:07 am
sheluvs2luv
on 9/10/11 8:40 am
 I Thank all of you for your encouragement! Thank you very much!  
motomom_73069
on 9/10/11 9:09 am - Norman, OK
If you keep on doing what you been doing, you will keep on gettin what you been gettin....Zig Ziglar.....This surgery will be your blessing...hang in there...get past the emotions, do what you gotta do to get the surgery.....then ROCK the tool...You'll be fine.  We've all been there.  Breathe deep and say I deserve this.
"It doesn't matter how strong your opinions are, if you don't use them for positive change, you ARE, indeed, part of the problem"

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views