3 Weeks Out - Confirmed Stall

pharmagirl
on 9/12/11 10:35 am
 Feeling blue - just shy of 3 weeks out from surgery and I haven't lost a pound in over a week and a half.  Went and saw the surgeon today and he said that generally doesn't happen until 2-3 months out, not 2-3 weeks out...  We went through my food and exercise regimen - I am doing everything correct !  Hope the scale moves soon !!!
Kate1106
on 9/12/11 10:37 am - NJ
 I'm 11 days out and stalled too.  Only for 3 days, but it's dishartening all the same.  It's frustrating.  Hang in there!

Smardeepants
on 9/12/11 10:52 am
It's funny your surgeon doesn't think it happens that early... it happens to nearly EVERYONE! Try doing a search for "vsg 3 week stall"... you'll see literally hundreds of posts!

Hang in there, it will pass!

If you haven't already, measure inches and take pictures.... find another way to measure your success so you don't get frustrated.

goclint
on 9/12/11 11:06 am - TX
It happened to me at 3 weeks and again at 6 weeks. Then, seemingly overnight, the weight started coming off again. Don't stress (easier said than done, I know). I'm 7 weeks out and have lost 50lbs!
Jan G.
on 9/12/11 12:16 pm - WI
STOP WEIGHING YOURSELF!! And you will not even know.

I know.. I know.. LOL

I am also surprised that your surgeon forgets the little stalls.

Jan

VSG: 08/05/2011   Age 62   5 foot:  HW: 207    SW 194   CW 156

windyacres
on 9/12/11 2:24 pm - Garner, NC
 I'm three weeks out and going up and down a few pounds.  Fortunately I've been on this board since 2008 so I knew this would happen and I'm not even worried about it.

However!  I have needed NO diabetes meds since surgery so I am celebrating that every time I stick my finger.

Today I got dressed in a hurry, and put on some capris I usually don't like because they dig into my stomach, and I spent all day trying to keep them from falling off - so SOMETHING is definitely going on!   

Edie
Approved 8-1-11, Surgery 8-22-11  SW 231, Goal 140, CW 165

(deactivated member)
on 9/13/11 7:05 am - TX
I am three weeks out(today to be exact) and have been in a stall now for 5 days..not going up OR down.  It happens!  I am hoping mine will hurry up though!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 98 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 324 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 368 views