Aug 29th sleevers....

Mrsk2011
on 9/13/11 12:46 am
Just wondering how u all are doing..im doing pretty good i have an annoying pinching pain where my largest incision was hopefully i didnt move to fast and develop a hernia but other than that i moved on to mushies today and man did them eggs this morning taste good lol.. as far as numbers i lost 10 lbs pre-op and gained 9 of them back from iv fluids i was 269 when i left the hospital and im 246 today, so down 23 lbs and i so excited..

VickyBT
on 9/13/11 1:34 am - MI
Aug. 30th for me.
My main incision is still ouchie too but doc said it will be that way up to 6 weeks.
Unless you feel a bulge near it and its not looking infected its probably OK
but ask your doc of course. Just started food yesterday some refried beans and yah tasted good.  SO sick of protein shakes but still have to use them to get enough protein in.  I can only eat/drink about 2 oz. at a time so its still hard to get everything in.
I stated having BAD fatigue about 4 days ago but doc said due to low calorie intake,  Trying to eat more and drink more.  Pedialyte (sp?) seemed to help and now taking sublingual B12.
Lost 25 lbs. since pre-op diet.
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
 Willing is not enough; we must do.? ~Johann von Goethe

VSG Aug. 30, 2011 HW 266 SW 249 GW 166 lbs.

dreaminsleevin
on 9/13/11 2:50 am - FL
I too had surgery on 8/29/11. Feel pretty well. Able to tolerate protein and water, although probably not getting enough in so far, but working on it. I have left shoulder pain. Not sure if its gas or what. My belly is healing well, thank God. Haven't had any problem eating mushies. Eggs, cheese, protein shakes. Eggs seem to be my new best friend. Ha! Have things changed! I have lost 16 pounds so far.I am loving my sleeve!
twellington1
on 9/13/11 4:47 am - NH
I'm having a hard time.  VERY tired and dizzy.  I did have to stay in the hospital an extra week.  I have just started on "food" yesterday.  SO far I have been able to tolerate everything (cream soup, yogurt)  I am really starting to HATE protein drinks...I went into surgery at 265 and was 251 at Doctor yesterday.  Grand total so far is 61 lbs

Mrsk2011
on 9/13/11 5:18 am
Vicky i hate the protein drnks as well but i use choc muscle milk and add 1 sf choc pudding and a banana and i can get it down the rest i try to get from food.i called my wonderful surgeon yesterday and he said as long as its not red and i dnt have a fever its fine ..DREAMINSLEEVIN thats awesome that ur doing so good i dont think i get in 64oz either i think im at about 50 so i try to drink gatorade/powerade to help with hydration..i also love my sleeve i was regreting it the first few days but i love it now...TWELLINGTON1 do u thing not getting in enough fuids is causing the dizzinesss i had a few days where when i would bend down and then stand up i felt a little light headed so i just drank more and it seemed to help..omg 61 lbs thats awesome i wanna lose 80-100 total but i think i would be estatic to lose 61 would just amaze me..im so ready to go to the gym i dnt know what to do i cant wait for these next 2 weeks to go by..hope u feel better soon and look forward to hearing from all of u..

frostylost
on 9/13/11 5:30 am
My surgery was 8/29, morning of surgery I weighed 274 then 3 days later back at home I weighed 279 I assume it was fluid gain. It quickly came off and at 10 days post-op I weighed 265....BUT now at 15 days post-op I STILL weigh 265!?! I'm assuming I've hit my first stall but did'nt expect it so early on. I stayed on the clear liquid until about 10 days out then went to full liquid and just yesterday started eating purees. I have not had any issues with getting in my fluids or protein since day 1. The only problem I have had at all is with my largest incision, on day 9 it started oozing dark blood. I called my surgeon and they fit me in the next morning, said it was just a hematoma probably from where muscle fibers were stretched from the opening being so tight during surgery. He numbed it up and cut it open and cleaned it out then repacked it with some gauze and said it was not infected. It drained more dead blood for the next 4 days and is just now starting to dry up thank goodness. I am having to daily repack it myself until it heals from the inside out. It has never been painful just aggravating. So thats been my experience so far, just a small bump in the road and I know it will get better from here, I just can't wait til the scale starts moving again!
 ~I live each day in victory...because of the one who died for me~

HW: 289    SW:276    CW: 222  GW: 135~~~~~Monthly lbs lost> M1=15 M2=15 M3=14
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views