HELP i am going on a date

denise277
on 9/14/11 2:14 am - carteret, NJ
I will be 2 months on the 20 of Sep i am going on a date with this great guy can i drink wine or licor he is taking me to dinner and drinks what do i do......
duetime
on 9/14/11 2:22 am - NY
HI, DENISE277 GO ENJOY YOURSELF HAVE A VERGIN DRINK TO BE SAFE.TELL THEM YOU ON TEMP MEDS.
jennifer K.
on 9/14/11 2:41 am - OH
my answer is NO! It is too soon out to try - let alone try while on a first date! You won't know how alcohol will affect your new tummy - so why risk it. He probably won't notice if you just order tea or water - technically you shouldn't be drinking while eating anyway. - just do you and it will be all good! Good luck on your date!
Jennifer
HW:330, Class W: 300  SW: 279 (7/13)
1m: 257 - 22 lbs/ 2m: 241 - 17 lbs/ 3m 231 - 10 lbs/ 4m  221 - 10 lbs/ 5m 210 -11lbs

USAF Wife
on 9/14/11 2:43 am
You go on the date, order something that you can eat, skip the booze, plus alcohol can effect you differently especially this early out. How embarassing would it be to get snickered/sloshed off one drink on a great date with a great guy. Here's my standard reply to this alcohol question:

1) You have a healing staple line, alcohol = harsh not conducive to healing

2) Empty calories = impeded weight loss

3) Transfer addiction (take away a fat girl's ability to cope with food, and it makes it easy to turn into using alcohol to cope)

4) This is the big one for me; Our livers are working double time during the rapid weight loss phase, right?? Why toss more crap in there for the liver to have to breakdown, process and clear out of the body.

I was restricted for 3 months on alcohol consumption. I refrained until I was at goal (6 months post-op), and my first glass of wine hit me hard and fast, then I sobered up fast. Over the coming months to first year, my tolerance returned to normal. I'm a very social drinker (not in pregnancy obviously), but enjoy a couple of drinks weekly.

People do it all the time. I don't tell anyone to NOT do it, but I don't think it's the best option regardless of how many calories you have left for the day, or how many others think it's perfectly fine to drink through the losing stage. Get to maintenance and worry about boozing. Believe me, I'm a party girl at heart, I have pics to prove it so I am not condemning drinking/partying/having a few, I am saying it's not conducive to losing phase.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

hanset
on 9/14/11 2:56 am - marcus hook, PA
my dr saids not to drin****il 6-9months post-op.  nothing bubbly!  be very careful. on whichever you choose to do. but still go on the date!!
~~Traci~~~        
HogRider
on 9/14/11 3:10 am - Jacksonville, FL
Don't worry about it. Guy's like cheap dates.
denise277
on 9/14/11 3:55 am - carteret, NJ
Thanks i will NOT drink  thank you for opening my eyes......
wareagle40
on 9/14/11 5:23 am - AL
I'm 7 months out and used to be a pretty good drinker.  Not a drunk or anything but would meet friends for happy hour and kick back a few.  I have tried beer and wine since the surgyer.  the beer just filled me up with one I felt sick I was so full and the wine was disgusting.  I have always loved red wine but that made me gag so I tried white wine the other night took 2 sips and poured it out.  It's not a big deal for me to give up drinking so I am now a non drinker.  Maybe I will meet better men this way. j/k
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 49 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 49 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 215 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 298 views