4 1/2 month struggle/distraction... Help!

September903
on 9/14/11 9:59 am
, I am having a tough time this week. I have been on a plateau for the past 2.5 weeks and this week I was craving ice cream. I went and bought a cup full and ate it yesterday evening, and I spent the rest of the evening paying for it. I had been jogging every other day, but have not the last 5 days. I am not sure why I am having such a difficult time now, this is the first time since getting sleeved that I feel that I am struggling. Is this normal? Is there a such thing as a VSG struggle phase?

Escape_Pod
on 9/14/11 11:26 am
I'm struggling a bit too - I think it's because I've gotten sloopy as I move into the less restrictive phases of the diet transition. I actually envy you that you spent the evening paying for it - my sleeve didn't bat an eye at my chocolate cake debacle.

Just a thought, but would you consider yourself an emotional eater? If you feel frustrated at your plateau, you may rebelling by dropping your exercise and eating ice cream.

Looking forward to others' thoughts. I'm back on the bandwagon today, and determined to stay on track!

5'8"    Highest Weight: 245   Goal Weight (Surgeon): 154   Stretch Goal: 140

September903
on 9/14/11 11:54 am
Thank you for the reply. After I posted that I got changed into my workout clothes and went for a jog. It took all I had to do it but I did not want to be in a rut! Yes I am an emotional eater and I had to check myself and regroup. Thank you for your input and honesty. -J.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 178 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views