Month 1 Post-Op Weight in

SunnyinSD
on 9/15/11 5:44 am - San Diego, CA
So, I'm pretty happy!  I went for my 1 months follow up today with my doctor.  I've lost a total of 27 pounds since the morning of surgery in 1 month.  I could be happier!  I am ahead of the curve.  My doctor normally likes to see his gastric bypass patients (the gold standard that he holds his sleeve patients to also) to lose 10% of their body weight in the first month, which in my case would have been 23 pounds. 

I have to say that I LOVE being ahead of the curve.  And I went from a tight size 18 a month ago to a loose 14 or a tight 12.  Woohoo!!!!!

Sorry to brag, but I'm really happy.

I'm a 5'9", 33 year old mother of 2 living in Sunny San Diego  
Starting Weight: 273  Surgery Weight: 235  Goal Weight: 140   Surgery Date: 08/08/11

MyOwnSunshine
on 9/15/11 6:03 am
No need to be sorry -- bragging is definitely encouraged!  I hope I can lose 10% of my weight (26 pounds) this month.

Keep up the good work!  This is definitely not easy, but it's nice to hear that it will be worth it.

" I am not at all concerned with appearing to be consistent. In my pursuit after Truth I have discarded many ideas and learnt many new things."  Ghandi            
Jennifer_160
on 9/15/11 6:12 am
Brag away! It encourages the rest of us! Good for you!! YAY!

Surgery date: 10/18/2011

ACASHMAMA
on 9/15/11 7:25 am
Awesome! ANd yes, I also say BRAG AWAY!! Best believe I will be when I start losing!!

I scheduled my surgery with Dr. Mueller for 10/24. I would LOVE to lose 10% my first month! For me that is 36 lbs!!
(deactivated member)
on 9/15/11 10:28 pm
After 4 weeks I was down 18 lbs, not quite 10%.  On a positive side, its 18 lbs I will never gain back.  Here's to all my sleeve family who have been exceptionally supportive.  Keep up the great work.

chelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 97 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 323 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 367 views