weight set points and...emotional set points?

skylark2011
on 9/16/11 12:43 am
I had a day earlier this week where I was just DONE. Frustrated and simply too through. This side of the fence I am  wondering...what was really going on there?  Its not time for PMS though Im not sure if Im on a regular cycle yet.  Lord, *****ally knows?  Was it related to the weight loss?  When I was on a previous weight loss journey, it talked about moods and triggers that were related to certain weight set-points, the hypothalamus, and other participants would talk about how some emotion just reared up out of the blue.  No known trigger. Has anyone else experienced this?

HW: 351 SW: 344.5   5'10"  

faylavi
on 9/16/11 1:20 am - Laurel, MD
I feel like my ass has a set point...it is determined to stay large.  I dont mean to make light of what you are saying, its just that the rest of me is complying (hypothalmus and all), but my behind is waaay too content.  This does trigger a lot of emotional crap for me and I too have days when i say to myself "I am just gonna maintain from now on". 

Weight loss is tough, (sleeve and all) especially the emotional part of it. Try to take it ONE DAY AT A TIME. Remember to celebrate your success.

Fay

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

skylark2011
on 9/16/11 1:41 am
LOL!! Im sure mine does too! It just seemed to come from no where and sucker punch me...thank you for the laughter and words of advice!
faylavi
on 9/16/11 2:55 am - Laurel, MD
Hope it helped and you are welcome!!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 71 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 264 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views