NSV's all over the place!

UnRuli
on 9/16/11 10:35 am - Plainwell, MI
 I'm at a little over 13 months out from surgery and have lost VERY close to 100lbs and will likely stay right about where I'm at.  I'm still a little overweight but it's a comfortable weight and I seem to be able to maintain it pretty easily.  I probably should lose another 10-15lbs but I'm currently comfortable and regularly wearing a size 6......I'm fine with that!

Anyway, I work part-time at a vet clinic.  I wasn't getting many hours for quite some time as my classes were taking up far too much of my time.  As a result I was working Saturdays only and so many of our clients hadn't seen me in some time.  I'm now graduated and although I continue to work at the clinic I'm still only part-time (by choice).  I am however back to doing farm calls with the vet on Thursdays  I haven't been on regular farm calls for a little over a year right now.

It's surprising how few people recognize me.  SO many regular clients have been introducing themselves to me lately and I'm finding it pretty amusing.  I've worked for this vet for 7 years now so I've met most of our horse clients.  One long-time client introduced himself to me after we treated his horse and Doc laughed at him.  The poor guy looked so confused when I said "Oh, Hi.  I'm Lisa and have been working for Doc now for 7 years.......I thought we already knew each other".

Even some of the clients who come in to the clinic have introduced themselves and when I explain who I am they don't look very sure so I have a photo of me in my scrubs before the surgery to show them and until then they really, truly can't place who I am. 

I'm LOVING IT!
kanga003
on 9/16/11 1:57 pm
That's wonderful!!! Great job!!!  I'm a teacher and the return after the Summer has been pretty awesome... the kids are still talking about it (I teach High School) and there are still kids who don't recognize me!  Great feeling!!!!
UnRuli
on 9/16/11 2:26 pm - Plainwell, MI
 I can understand that!   I am teaching now too.  I work at the vet clinic part-time, I teach two college courses, I'm in an MFA program through another school and I am doing freelance Illustration work.  I graduated from my Illustration program in May and was hired as Adjunct Faculty about a month ago.  I think the fact that not all the students recognize me as a former classmate is an advantage in my case.  Of course it's neat to see their eyes bulge when they realize who I really am!    

Most Active