Is this it???

farewell2fat
on 9/20/11 11:02 am - Apopka, FL
8  mos out & 59 lbs down. Always seemed to be a slow loser, but come on! I'm not gonna be one of those people that say, "I do everything right & don't know why the weight isn't dropping"! Because that would be a lie! For the first 6 mos, I WAS the poster child for VSG & did everything by the book! But I have been slacking & the carbs have come back into my life I'm ashamed to say! Is it too late for me to lose addtional weight or have I missed my "honeymoon" period for weight loss?!? Please help me with some tipson how to get back on track! Although I probably know them all, just need a swift kick in the rear end!!! Thanks in advance!!!!

katier825
on 9/20/11 11:14 am
Don't feel like you can't ever get back on track! What I have found with the sleeve is that it's easier to get back on track after a bad spell. Focus on keeping your protein up, carbs down to 40ish and plenty of fluids. That should help. You should see the scale start to go down again.

jbskaggs
on 9/20/11 11:18 am - holt, MO
 Also how many calories are you getting?  If I get more than 1200 I have no weght loss.

Also might sound strange are you getting enough healthy fats?

mylastchance
on 9/20/11 11:27 am
I know just how you feel,  I have fallen off the wagon,  too many carbs,  not enough protein,  just not playing right.......I too need a swift kick in the rear........I'll be checking in here more often to try to get back on track too.  Good luck to you

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

mini_me_ now
on 9/20/11 11:30 am

nope its definatly not it, just go back to basics and take all the stuff you have added in out and you will continue on your journey..

I just took off  21 lbs of weight i had regained (eating crap i shouldnt) so if i can do that then you can certainly keep going..

The honeymoon stage is the easy stage when we do not have the cravings, we still have head hunger but not so much the real cravings, we get full on a small amount of food, our stomachs are still healing so often we still have swelling so we do not feel as hungry when we do eat a  small amount of food..
the further you get out as you discovered its easier for things to sneak back in and if we havent lost our weight they can either slow us down or if you eat too many then you can have regain...
It just makes it slightly harder now because now your dealing with real cravings and since  you have tasted alot of things that you know you still enjoy them.. but it does not mean you can not lose weight...

just go back to what your were doing when you were still losing, track your food so you know how many calories your getting in ..

If your struggling with carb cravings, push protein protein protein for a couple of days .. some use the 5 day pouch test to detox, others just go back to lean protein and veges..  If you have dropped your exercise start back doing that,,, posting on the whatcha eating thread may also help keep you accountable..

I wish you all the best ...  you can do this.. good luck
Linda     5".4

6lbs under goal weight
                  Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

kalimamasmom
on 9/20/11 11:32 am
Just like everyone else said...protein up, carbs down, fluids up!  If you fall down 10 times, stand up 11!
You can do it!
Jen
infodiva808
on 9/20/11 11:48 am
With great confidence of reaching my goal I am still working it. I will be 2 years out next month this time and have been a slow loser from the beginning. But once it comes off, it will not come back so I will take it as it comes. It's a life journey, not a race.

roundater
on 9/20/11 12:47 pm - Lincoln, NE
I shoot for 600-800 calories, 40 carbs and 100 grams protein if that helps. Never too late to get back on track.
Rich Sonderegger

Krazydoglady
on 9/20/11 12:55 pm - FL

There's a saying that struck me after I read your post:

"Complacency is the enemy of progress."

I've not been able to put my finger on what has been 'wrong with me the last couple of weeks until now.  My surgery date was 2 weeks after yours, and while my diet has been very good, I've not been exercising as I should the last few weeks.  Vacation, crazy work schedule, were part of it but 'keepin it real' too much TV, as well.  I've started having the 'I'm a size 8-10-12, how much more do I really need to lose?' kind of thoughts.  While I'm 7 1/2 months out, I started my pre-op diet 3 months before that.  10 1/2 months is a long time. I think complacency has started to creep in a bit.  I've almost let go of my goal of doing the Champions Mud Run 5K in Land O' Lakes (near New Port Richey)  on November 5th.  I started thinking I haven't been working hard and I'll never make it, blah, blah, blah.

I'm glad you posted tonight. Thank you.  It helped get me off my butt. I got up from the computer at 9:30pm and ran 2 miles on the treadmill with no problems. It was all my head getting in the way, lol  I'm going to start going to the support group in Celebration.  I think I need a little extra 'boost' to help keep me motivated.  I'm also signing up for the race.

We have the same surgeon, the same plan, and had surgery the same month. Maybe you're in a similar place?  I would try  setting a non-weight goal like walking or running x number of miles in the next 30 days.    Also, you might try going back to Dr. Kim's "3 month to 6 month" plan, as a jump start and then go on to the "6 mo to goal" plan until you get to goal.  I have a lot of restriction, so I basically live on the 3-6mo plan.

You can do it!

Carolyn  (32 lbs lost Pre-op) HW: 291, SW: 259, GW: 129.5, CW: 126.4 

(deactivated member)
on 9/20/11 1:46 pm
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 258 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 324 views