Small NSV

jennyfur76
on 9/22/11 11:02 am - OH
VSG on 06/21/11 with
So, every 3 months, I see my OBGYN to get the Depo shot (birth control). My last shot was the day before my 6/21 surgery. So, this afternoon was my 3-month appointment. Now, he is the doctor who originally got me thinking about WLS and directed me to my WLS Surgeon, so he knows I had surgery. Needless to say, he is extremely supportive of my WLS. His head nurse is also amazing, and very supportive. She had RNY many years ago. She was very interested in the VSG, asking my lots of questions. She even called me at home a few days after my WLS to see how I was doing! She even made the comment that she wishes they had VSG back when she had hers.

Anywho, they both were so excited and proud to see me today (79 lbs lighter)! I am starting to enjoy seeing people I havent seen for a while, and seeing their expressions! lol  They said they can't wait to see me for my December appointment!

Well...the NSV was, they always take my blood pressure (which has always been spot-on), but have always had to pull out the "large" BP cuff. Today the girl didn't even ask, she just put on the regular cuff - and IT FIT!! And...gave an accurage reading!! 126/82!  I didn't really care about the reading, just was so excited that she could use the regular cuff! LOL LOL

Happy Thursday, everyone...and here's to many more NSV's for us all!!

Jen

Paige V.
on 9/22/11 11:19 am - Gainesville, FL
thats awesome and one of the things I look forward to (a reg BP cuff fitting me)

visit my blog at www.thenursemommy.com!
start weight-288 pre-op -5lbs month 1-23lbs month2-14lbs month 3-minus 13lbs month4-minus 12lbs month5-13lbs month 6-8lbs   GOAL-21months out after having a post-WLS baby!

roundater
on 9/22/11 12:06 pm - Lincoln, NE
Great NSV and great weight loss so far. May we moth have successful journeys together.
Rich Sonderegger

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 179 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views