Whatcha eating today VSGers? SUNDAY (for Ms Shell)

Ms. Poker Face
on 9/25/11 3:33 am
Another day in VSG-land... so whatcha eating today?

B: scrambled egg w/ cheese, 1/4 sausage patty
L: 2.5 oz baked chicken w/ 2T ff broccoli cheese soup for dipping
S: greek yogurt
D: one baked bbq rib w/ 1T bbq sauce, 5 asparagus spears
S: not sure yet

water: half done
vitamins: yes
exercise: it's raining, so no walk.  will see about doing an exercise video later.

next...

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

IrishColleen
on 9/25/11 4:17 am - Owosso, MI
 Potluck today at church!  Yes, I survived and came out the winner. 
B: 1 protein hot chocolate
L:  2 bites taco salad, 2 slices of hard boiled egg (from a 7 layer salad), 2 oz chicken (very dry though - I didn't ask for her recipe),  
S:  greek yogurt 
D: 3 oz meat loaf 
S: hmmm  

Water: 12 oz so far (I rarely drink)
Exercise:  It's the Lord's day, He said rest, I'm listening...  Yup that's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Vitamins: Done

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity and fear but a spirit of power and love and self discipline."  2 Tim. 1:7     So with HIS power, love and self-discipline - I WILL DO THIS!
HW:250 SW: 232 CW: 164  GW: 150 
(deactivated member)
on 9/25/11 5:24 am - Huntington, WV
I was just wondering, you have meatloaf on your dinner menu, do you eat the same kind of meat loaf as you would have before surgery, in other words, do we have to make it a special low calorie way or just like before, and eat the smaller amount? I am just 2 1/2 weeks out and in the mushies right now, but my hubby likes my meatloaf and I will be having to make him some soon. And I am with you, it is the Lord's day, so we must rest!!
IrishColleen
on 9/25/11 11:28 am - Owosso, MI
 My husband makes a fabulous meat loaf.  He uses a combination of ground chuck and ground pork, onions, green pepper, lots of spices, etc.  We have also used ground turkey which helps with the fat ratio but my grandkids found out and of course "eww!".  

He makes a separate mini loaf for me in a small pyrex bowl without bread crumbs.  Granted it is more dense that way but the 2 cup pyrex bowl makes enough meat loaf for 4 meals for me!  

When I know I'm having ground chuck of any kind I plan my day's "other meals" accordingly to keep my fat content down.  I also have beef only once a week.  I'm fortunate to like most fish, shrimp, scallops, lobster, chicken, pork tenderloin, etc.  Of course, give me an Outback fillet and I'm in heaven, for about 6 meals @ $22.00 total, not too bad!  I'm a cheap date.  

Chili is also great with chuck and turkey!  Since you're adding tomatoes, etc., it helps with the dryness of the turkey. My NUT also allows Wendy's chili as our only fast food option.   It apparently, has low fat and high protein!  A large chili at $2.19 is 3 meals!

It will be a little while before you can have that stuff but SOON!!  Enjoy!

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity and fear but a spirit of power and love and self discipline."  2 Tim. 1:7     So with HIS power, love and self-discipline - I WILL DO THIS!
HW:250 SW: 232 CW: 164  GW: 150 
atomic_bettie
on 9/25/11 5:52 am - OK
B(runch):  3/4 scrambled egg and a slice of turkey bacon
Dinner:  Going to eat at Texas Roadhouse with friends so Steak and steamed veggies.

haven't started on water today.....I know, I'm terrible.  I'll get 32oz in before dinner and then after.
Visit my WLS blog:  themisfitscarlett.blogspot.com                                    
Krazydoglady
on 9/25/11 6:02 am - FL
B: 1/2cup Fat Free Cottage Cheese
S: 1/2cup Small Steak Chili @ Panaera (with hubby)
L:  2.5oz Swiss Cheese
S: 2oz Grilled NY Strip w/ herbed butter and 1oz steamed broccoli

Water: Mostly in the form of coffee and tea, but I get plenty
Vitamins: Yes
Exercise: headed to the Gym to lift and do the eliptical after I switch over some laundry

Carolyn  (32 lbs lost Pre-op) HW: 291, SW: 259, GW: 129.5, CW: 126.4 

Marcia B.
on 9/25/11 8:06 am - CA
B - protein Bar
S - Fruit (1 c)
L - Lobster scramble (egg, proscuitto, lobster & black truffle pate) (2 oz)
S - Chicken Salad (3 oz)
D - Lobster Scramble :) YUMM (2 oz)

Water 1/2 done
Vitamins 1/2 done
Exercise: did a 5k today for breast cancer
Philippians 4:13 -  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

ChristineTX1970
on 9/25/11 11:38 am - TX
Can you post recipe for the Lobster scramble? Sounds delish!

Thanks!

Marcia B.
on 9/25/11 11:56 am - CA
well I had it at a restaurant... but it was eggs, 1 inch pieces of lobster, chopped asparagus, caramelize onions, Black truffle pate, and crispy proscuitto sliced in and scrambled together...topped with creme fraiche and chives.
Philippians 4:13 -  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 258 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 324 views