revision from band to sleeve completed 9/26/11

thatgirlwonder24
on 9/28/11 2:21 pm

I'm feeling good just need pointersw on how to stay full because im hungry.. any pointers

kimbethin
on 9/28/11 3:40 pm - CA
Hi- keep sipping fluids all day and stick to your doc's plan for advancing to solids, because if you don't you'll feel awful and may damage your sleeve.  Keep busy with short walks and reading and anything that will distract you from the hunger.  If you are alllowed protein shakes at this point, they will really help to keep you full.  Good luck
putting one foot in front of the other...        
thatgirlwonder24
on 9/29/11 6:24 am
thank you.. do u have any suggestion on great tasting protein shakes?
kimbethin
on 9/29/11 8:39 am - CA
I like the ones at costco I think they are Premier protein.   costco only sells chocolate but you can get other flavors online.
putting one foot in front of the other...        
sunnymicki
on 9/28/11 4:54 pm
I had my sleeve done on the 26th as well.  Glad to hear you are feeling good!  Does your Dr have you on an acid reducer, like prilosec or pepcid?  The only time I really get the grumbly hungry belly feeling is when my pepcid is due, and then after I get the med, it goes away.  Also, I noticed that if I take too big of a sip of liquid (I'm still on clears until Friday), it makes my belly hurt in a way that resembles hunger.  Frequent but tiny sips help with that. Good luck!
USAF Wife
on 9/28/11 11:01 pm
Liquids just aren't going to sustain you long. And the ghrelin hormone is still floating around your body. Just keep following the fluid/dietary guideline, once you get to mushies you'll feel better.

Make sure you are taking a true PPI such as Nexium, Prilosec, Protonix, Prevacid, if you aren't ask to be put on one. Over acid production can cause false hunger. H2 blockers such as Pepcid and Zantac are only going to treat the acid symptoms, but it won't stop the acid like PPIs.

Congrats on your sleeve! ! !
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

thatgirlwonder24
on 9/29/11 6:23 am
Thank u. I am on prilosec.I didnt even know why until I was having terrible heartburn and i took it and it helped with it. I am having issues with what things to eat.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 81 views