What happens after 6 months?

tanieanie
on 10/3/11 4:56 am - WI
So my wieght loss has been slow but consistant.  I lost 18 lbs my first month and 10 lbs a month for months 2, 3, 4 , 5   Always 10 lbs give or take 6 oz.  Since my weight loss is already slow,,, will it slow down even more after 6 months?  What should I expect to lose a month realisticly?   I set my goals monthly and that seems to work for me, but I dont know what to set it at starting in 2 weeks when I hit that six month mark.   

I have not been excersizing as many of you know I have had alot of health issues with myself and my son.  But we both seem to be doing better now.   Soooo I could get off my butt and excersize.  The past 2 days I have walked 1 mile outside but... I live in wisconsin and that will soon end.  I have a excersize bike and all the wii fit excersize games as well as a boatload of excersize vidios I purchased with great intentions and poor follow through.    So if I start excersizing do you think its possible to keep the 10 lbs a month beyond 6 months.    

p.s.  anybody out there want and accountability buddy to email daily and encourage and report to?   I could really use that as I live in a new town and dont know a single soul yet.

laurenskapolska
on 10/3/11 5:33 am - Windsor Locks, CT

Hi, I had my VSG on 5/5.  I've lost about 70 pounds but have stalled right now big time.  I'm very disheartened about it.
I would love to be your accountability buddy.

Mom4Jazz
on 10/3/11 6:08 am
Hey there! Your surgery was just one day after mine. I'd be happy to e-mail with you if you'd like.

I don't think anything "magical" happens at 6 months. I think it's just where on average:

Folks might have seen their capacity grow and can now eat a little more.
They get a little tired of the routine and start to stray from the program.

What will slow down your weight loss most (if you're staying on program, that is) is the amount of weight you've already lost. The closer you get to goal, the more slowly the weight will come off. It's simply because, at your heaviest you had a huge calorie deficit between what you were eating and the requirement to maintain the higher weight. As your weight comes down, it takes less calories to maintain that weight and therefore your calorie deficit is smaller. But it will continue to come off.

I'd love to hear from you!

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

anninva
on 10/3/11 7:11 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
OMG, am i a vet?!?!?!  scary thought!  anyway, i agree with the explanation above: 6 months is not a magic number (god, i hope not), you will keep losing, and the calorie thing is right on.  it's like WW: the lighter you are the fewer points you get.  same sort of thing here.  i'm losing less per month now (was losing 2 lbs a week consistently for a quite a while) but i'm also 9 mos out and can eat a little more.  i'd say, stick with your program, talk to your nut and you'll do great!!!!  (((((hugs))))

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

theshrinkingmimi
on 10/3/11 8:44 am
Yes, exercising will help. Do what you can. Just be consistent. Make it a regular part of your schedule that you will not ignore.
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
Eileen36
on 10/3/11 10:34 am - PA
I don't think it's the six months that means anything in particular. It just seems that a lot of people are getting very close to their goal weight by six months. That means that you have to work much harder to get similar results that you had in the first six months. By six months, I only had 20 pounds left to lose. I was losing about 14 lbs every month up until them, but it has definitely slowed. I find I'm having to really watch my food more carefully and not let my exercise slip. I also started back to work around that time, so that also threw me off my game.
Eileen

Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 6/8/12!! - LBL, BL/BA, Arm Lift & Medial Thigh Lift             
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 69 views