Darn cupcake

sianabob
on 10/3/11 1:45 pm
I ate a full sized, chocolate, sugary,  carb full cupcake today..

I was soo proud of myself for having a great eating day too I had made 80% of my protein by noon.

I could rationalize it... but I won't... I dont care if I am in maitnance.. there were the baby cupcakes there and I still chose to eat a big fat frosting covered calorie cupcake...

I know that I can go and work it out hard tomorrow, I know that I can wake up in the morning and move forward like it never happened...

That doesnt change the fact that my willpower still gets overcome..

I am not looking to be told that it is ok.. I dont need to be babied, I know that my actions dont effect anyone other than me...

Flat out and period I have to get ahold of my willpower completely.. no matter how great I have done if whatever tasty delight can STILL get the best of me then I am not going to be doing great forever..
It isnt really the fact that it was a cupcake, the real matter that upsets me is even though I am telling myself "YOU DONT NEED THAT" I still continued to tell him which one I wanted, I continued to hand him my debit card, I continued to eat the whole dang thing even after I said it was too sweet.. . I gave away all my fat pants.. I cant let my fat brain get the best of me.

kimbethin
on 10/3/11 1:50 pm - CA
Amazing how that stuff can sneak up on you.  I've done the same thing.
putting one foot in front of the other...        
slimpickins5280
on 10/3/11 1:55 pm - CO
Well ******g up is what reminds us that we're human. Next time you eat the big cupcake at least appreciate it while your eating it. I mean damn - you are at a spot in your Sleeved life where you can eat the biggun.

I'm not saying people should eat cupcakes because they want to use the Sleeve as a crutch, but like you pointed out, you're on maintenance.

So you ate a cupcake today. To me, the biggest travesty is that you spent that time being frutrasted with yourself and scolding yourself.

If you learn anything, I hope it's that you can let this go and not allow the *shame* to start whispering it's lies about you.

You have done awesome. It's one day, one cupcake. Tomorrow is all new. Work on leaving today in the past. 

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

Paul11011
on 10/3/11 2:51 pm
You're not even a year out.  You may be at goal on the scale but the battle to change the mindset will continue.  Overcoming old habits with new ones will not happen overnight or over a year.  I'm glad that you feel remorseful about having had the cupcake.  I would be more worried if you had an "I'm at goal I can do what I want mentality."   Now stop beating yourself up and know that you have the ability to make better decisions.   
VSG 1-10-2011 Dr. Randal Baker.   www.grandhealthpartners.com

Smardeepants
on 10/4/11 7:53 am
As a fairly new sleever, I love posts like this.

I love seeing successful vets keeping it real, keeping themselves accountable, and owning what needs to be owned.

It's so easy to hide, make excuses, lie to ourselves... I love that you did none of that, and aired it (in a very REAL way) for us... it's a great reminder that we're never really "done". There are daily struggles, daily choices, and some days are better than others.  Being aware (and realistic!) of what's to come is a huge thing for me. Gives me a better sense of reality, and helps me work on the issues that are there now.

Seriously, the reality of this site is amazing.

Thanks for sharing, cupcake or not, you are SMOKIN!! 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views