Food Dreams

Leah66
on 10/4/11 3:59 am - Maple Shade, NJ
I'm one week out from having my VSG done, everything is going well, I'm still on clear liquids until I see my surgeon on Thursday, the only thing is I've been having so many vivid food dreams, in all of them I'm chowing down and drinking (soda) like crazy, just to wake up a not actually feel hungry at all. Wonder why is my mind playing tricks on me like this?
Leah66        
Paige V.
on 10/4/11 4:00 am - Gainesville, FL
I posted earlier about having a nightmare about pigging out! lol

visit my blog at www.thenursemommy.com!
start weight-288 pre-op -5lbs month 1-23lbs month2-14lbs month 3-minus 13lbs month4-minus 12lbs month5-13lbs month 6-8lbs   GOAL-21months out after having a post-WLS baby!

Leah66
on 10/4/11 4:04 am - Maple Shade, NJ
 I'll check it out.
Leah66        
felicity2u
on 10/4/11 4:41 am - LA
I had the same thing too, lol! I use to dream that I was chowing down on foods that I wasn't suppose too! They lasted for about a month out of surgery and then I guess my mind got use to my new lifestyle, lol!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

BuckeyeGirl
on 10/4/11 6:18 am - TN
I had crazy food dreams several times pre-op.

Once I even dreamed that I was in the hospital after my surgery and someone was telling me I had to be in a commercial as a food taster! lol and I felt such pressure that I ate whatever they had and then freaked out because I knew I hadn't even left the hospital yet!

lol...dreams are funny.

Lindsey

dicastro1010
on 10/4/11 7:14 am - Escondido, CA
In my soul I will always be a food lover. I have food dreams ALL the time, of yummy stuff like mac n cheese, pizza, lasagna. I always have, ever since I was little. Even when I have been thin before and regretted ever eating bad, I would still dream of food. I don't know? Can't control my dreams but at least I can control what I have during my waking hours!
Hi I'm Diana! I'm 5'10 and hoping to get down to 165 :) Feel free to friend me! 

Happy966
on 10/4/11 8:01 am

I used to have dreams of eating sugar after I gave it up, and I would be so upset with myself (in the dream), filled with remorse and regret.  Then I would wake up and be so relieved that I'd still been abstinent (from the sugar).

After surgery, I dreamed I was eating everything in sight, then realizing I'd had surgery and had probably hurt myself.  I was frantically trying to figure out how to call my surgeon.  Then I woke up and felt so relieved.  So this was strangely comforting.  I've probably had 4 or 5 food dreams since surgery, where I was eating like I wasn't supposed to or the wrong things.  It makes me feel like even my subconsious is learning I've had surgery!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

Leah66
on 10/5/11 12:41 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
 Last night I dreampt of crab legs and corn??? Like walking by a Macy's window and theres a huge display of them. I'll be glad when my brain catches up with the plan. LOL. Well at least I will be eating a little crab again one day.
Leah66        
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views