Shout Out to Feb Sleevers!

Mr Mom
on 10/4/11 6:04 pm
Hey all you Feb Sleevers, Are we all still moving ahead and doing great? I just earned my 150 Lb weight loss Century Card a few days ago (Yay!) but I have to admit that the weight loss is slowing down and I do wonder whether losing another 25-30 Lbs to reach goal is even doable? I'm also having to deal with several people making comments that they think I need to stop losing weight even though I still weigh over 250 Lbs & my BMI is 35.4. Sometimes I have doubts about my ability to keep losing the weight & I beat myself up despite all my progress, stupid huh? Am I the only one walking around in this funk?
LMK, Thanks... Craig

Heaviest:406 | Surgical Weight:366 | Current Weight:290 | Goal Weight:250

tsicotte
on 10/4/11 11:21 pm
NO, you are not the only one walking around in a funk. The weight loss has slowed dramatically form me. I am trying to keep positive but I can't help thinkning my weight loss has stopped. I wanted to be @ 199 by Oct 1....... that did not happen, I fell short by 13 lbs. I think the first 6 months are such a breeze, the last of the weight loss it what seperates the "Men from the BOYS". It is suppose to make us stronger! Good luck and keep working your plan. I am sure we will get there one day...... Come hell or high water!!!

Lalamonkey
on 10/5/11 12:02 am - GA
I can't say I am in a funk but I am feeling challenged.  I just posted that I can't seem to get the scale to move despite my following Nut and LOTS of working out.  I dance around 200 -  my goal is 155 (I am "skinny") at this weight.  I am firming up, in pretty good physical shape now - can meet physical exertion hiking, running, etc like a champ.  But there is an underpinning of mild disappointment in myself that I am not farther along.

Mind you... No one else is disappointed in me.  Docs are thrilled.  Family is thrilled.  Friends are amazed.  But I want more and I want it now.  But I am a realist and remember I did this for my health and not for the number.  So whether it takes me another 3,4,5,6,7,8 or 12 mos to reach my goal I have to remember... I am doing the right thing.  This is not a race.  I want to enjoy the journey.  And I will gladly be the turtle vs the hare as long as I get there.

Keep the faith my OH friends... We will get there. 

LynMac35
on 10/5/11 12:21 am
Hey All
My weightloss has definitely slowed for me over the past 2 months. Now I am in this pattern of 7-10 days where I'll lose like .5 - 1 lb a day and then for the next 3-4 weeks I go up and down the same 2 lbs, then again, loosing for a week. And I don't change my eating (80+g protein, 50 g carbs, 800-900 calories), actually upped my exercise, nothing - I keep the same routine, so I don't know how much 'control' I actually have over losing weight. I just try to keep the faith, don't despair and stay on course regardless of what the scale is doing that day. It's hard to stay motivated and 'hopeful' when the scale remains seemingly unmovable during those weeks... but I'm in it for the long haul and much happier to be here than where I was in February!!  :)

HW 355/ Pre-Liquid Diet 324/DOS 311/Current 212/Goal 140
tinybus2
on 10/5/11 4:51 am - TX
WOW!!!! Congrats on the success you and others have had since your February 2011 sleeve! You have done awesome!!!

I had my sleeve done on 2-22-11 and have lost 46 pounds. My weight loss has been extremely slow but I expected it to be....still thankful for each pound gone. For the past three months I, too have had a struggle trying to get the weight to come off...it has taken me three months to lose ten pounds. I have joined Curves with hopes it will help me begin losing more consistently. I was beginning to have doubts that I will lose the remaining 40 pounds to my goal but I refuse to accept that negative thought!!!

WE CAN DO THIS THING!!!

Still loving my sleeve and thank my God I was able to have it done!
Tina

charmaine A.
on 10/5/11 2:44 pm - MI

you are my hero!  I feel the same way..n ty for posting because I thought I wasnt doing something wrong..I am working out n been stuck for 8 weeks or so bouncing up n down with the same five pounds.. but i feel better so that is what i am focusing on...I am afraid to myself that this will stop now and I still have so much more to go..hugsss  charmaine

Best of Luck, Charmaine

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 69 views