smoking

ckitchens
on 10/6/11 1:27 pm - Houston, TX
So i have noticed lately that i get very bored and have been snacking alot more than i should. I use to smoke before surgery and I honestly have not craved smokes at all but i am wondering if i should start back so i will go smoke instead of snacking so much. I know i shouldnt but realy think that if i had something to do during tuff moments that i could get out of this rut and stall. O and i know how stupid this sounds so please no SMOKING IS BAD FOR YOU believe me i know it is.

Kayla M.
on 10/6/11 1:38 pm
Instead of taking up smoking again, how about you take up another hobby? Like knitting, or cleaning, walking? Get some small hand weights and do a couple of curls? Transfer your addiction into something healthy!
smbergie200
on 10/6/11 1:38 pm - Naples, FL
 Substituting one bad habit for another isn't the solution im my opinion. Get creative and think of alternatives to snacking. Maybe every time you feel like snacking suck on a breathe mint or peice of sf candy or something. Good luck fighting the munchies. I know you can win!  

Plastics - Extended Tummy Tuck - February 6th 2013

gonersmom
on 10/6/11 1:44 pm
I try to hit the eliptical or do some sort of exercise when the munchie**** Even if I end up snacking on something at least I've done my "Pennance before I sinned".

Let me help you with bariatric friendly cooking.  www.pamperedchef.biz/gawnecooking
kimbethin
on 10/6/11 3:19 pm - CA
Find something to do that will distract you.  AND  SMOKING IS WORSE THAN BAD FOR YOU!  You can start again if you really want our permission, then you can be really skinny when you are wheeling around your oxygen tank and pushing your IV pole around during your chemo treatment.  Sorry if you didn't want to hear it, but why would you cut out most of your stomach to be healthier and look better and start something that will give you more wrinkles and kill you?  You can't post this kind of thing if you don't want an honest answer.
putting one foot in front of the other...        
ozthewiz
on 10/6/11 3:33 pm - IL
VSG on 09/28/17
 smoking is super bad for you especially in the first 6 months of healing. very bad long term as well God forbid you get esophageal cancer with your sleeve  then your f***ed up since there is no extra tissue from your stomach to try to rig your esophagus.   try instead some sugar free mints to suck on,

good luck

lanunes
on 10/6/11 5:42 pm - CA
 Sorry but..................SERIOUSLY ????
      Leslie Nunes              
Rouxful
on 10/6/11 6:18 pm
If it's either smoking or snacking, I'd choose snacking. Pack your sleeve with things that will make you full and help you keep losing. Feeling head-hungry? Have a hard-boiled egg, or some tofu. Need to mindlessly chow on something, just cause you're bored? Try roasted soynuts and eat them one at a time. But as others have suggested, another hobby is always good. I play the piano myself, so it helps when I'm feeling restless or fidgety.

HW 403 / SW 372 / CW 204 / GW 199    

Jennifer S.
on 10/7/11 2:52 am - CA
 SHHHH I was a smoker too. The Dr. told me that smoking was worse for my health then the extra weight I was carrying around. So with that in mind don't start again. Its hard enough to quit. I quilt, sew, paint anything... even Facebook helps keep me busy. Good luck
 Jennifer    
Crystal M.
on 10/7/11 2:58 am - El Paso, TX
Smoking is bad enough for people with normal stomachs. But smoke after having a sleeve and you're just begging for an ulcer.
It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not.                

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views