Info?

maacjt5
on 10/7/11 2:57 am - IL
I had my sleeve done on Monday morning and i came home last night. I have been able to keep stuff down, but i hurt in my tummy and when i take a deep breat it really hurts, I am sure this is normal or to be expected but was wondering if anyone else had these probs and if so how long any suggestions? Anita :)

Angel C.
on 10/7/11 3:30 am
Post surgery I developed pneumonia and I was coughing so I definately had alot of what you are mentioning. I was hospitalized for a couple days but I can't specifically give you an answer as if its normal or not, because my pneumonia wasn't normal. Whenever in doubt contact your doctor or surgeon.
Surgeon - Dr. Aceves
Surgery Date - September 15

maacjt5
on 10/9/11 4:41 am - IL
Hello Melaney, 
      Well i have had coughing or any of that i just hurt where my stomache is some ppl say thats normal, i go to Dr. tom.  I also have to force myself drink nothing really tastes good. and the calcium citrate tablets i cant stand now and before i liked them.when i swallow something i can feal i lil pain at the top of my tube that goes to my stomache, (maybe bec i am still swollen). Also what all did u eat or drink i should say? Anita :)

Ms. Poker Face
on 10/7/11 4:18 am
Congrats on your sleeve!  Pain with breathing or trouble breathing are alarming symptoms. It could be pneumonia.  Please call your surgeon ASAP!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

mandyc1975
on 10/7/11 1:53 pm - Richardson, TX
VSG on 09/20/11 with
I agree, you should call your surgeon. It was a little uncomfortable to take deep breaths right after surgery, but other than that, I didn't have any pain like you are describing. I have never had pain coming from the area of my stomach. The main pain is from the muscles that were cut through. Did you use a spirometer (the thing you use for breathing exercises)? They should have had you use it in the hospital and then sent it home with you. It is easy to catch pneumonia after laying on your back for several days and not exercising your lungs so definately go get checked out.

Good Luck. I hope all goes well
Do not ask God to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet.

9/4 (pro op) 299 lbs - 9/20 (surgery day) 285 lbs - 10/4 268 lbs - 11/7 251 lbs- 12/8 239 lbs - 1/9 222 lbs - 2/7 214 lbs - 3/3 202 lbs - 3/19 194 lbs ... 9/20/2012 - 142 lbs
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views