Question aboutTuna with Bread

Tee78
on 10/9/11 12:33 pm
I am three weeks post op and I can now have tuna, does that mean tuna salad with bread or just tuna salad with no bread. Please help

Smardeepants
on 10/9/11 12:35 pm
Absolutely no bread! 

You need to stay away from carbs (to boost weight loss, which is why you had surgery), and also because things like bread, pasta, rice will swell in your tiny tummy and cause pain, vomiting, and you don't want to risk a leak.

Did your surgeon give you an eating plan/guidelines?

Tee78
on 10/9/11 12:37 pm
Thanks and yes I have it but I was a little unclear about the tuna situation
Smardeepants
on 10/9/11 12:39 pm
Oh good, glad you have a plan.

Just be careful if it's tuna you don't make yourself... pickles, onions, and other "chunky" veggies are hard on a tummy this soon out.

watchmenow
on 10/9/11 12:37 pm
My surgeon says low cal crackers.  If you are eating your protein, you won't be able to eat  but 2 or 3.
  I like calling North Carolina home!!!  Go Tarheels!  

Smardeepants
on 10/9/11 12:38 pm
My mushy food phase included

tuna salad (without onions, pickles, etc... just a little bit of mayo or greek yogurt to moisten it).
soft baked fish
cottage cheese
ricotta cheese
greek yogurt (plain, unsweetened, non-fruit flavors)
cream of wheat (I skipped b/c carbs)
refried beans/other mashed beans
mashed potatoes (again, I skipped)
soft scrambled eggs
cheese (except cream cheese)
milk
protein powder/drinks/shakes
SF/FF pudding
SF jello
broth
SF popsicles

anything NOT on the list is OUT. Seriously, this early out, follow your plan to the letter! 

USAF Wife
on 10/9/11 12:39 pm
Skip the bread or cracker or any of the carby options. You can make low carb baked "cheese crisps" for dipping or some crunch and avoid all the other crap and expanding bread and crackers take up in the sleeve.

Tuna, chicken, egg salad for me was completely eaten by itself for the first few months. Then, once I was cleared for veggies, I started using lettuce (bib or butter) to wrap food in. Great for vitamin/nutrient consumption and no to super low carb option.

Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Yolanda P.
on 10/9/11 12:58 pm
Hi USAF WIFE, how do you make the low carb baked cheese crisps?
Yolanda

USAF Wife
on 10/9/11 1:04 pm
http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/snacks/r/cheesecrisps.htm

You can actually pull them out of the oven, and drape them over the small end of a shot glass to let them cool and set, they make great little boats for meats, tuna/chicken/egg salads, or even greek yogurt flavored with ranch or italian dressing/dry dip packets. Also you can drape them over a rolling pin if you make bigger/longer piles on the parchment paper, and then drape them over the pin, they turn into cute little taco shells.

You can also sprinkle the little piles of cheese with garlic pepper, lemon pepper, garlic powder, seasoning salt, creole/cajun seasoning, and this gives you flavor and change of tastes for a little more variety when food gets boring. I use them to this very day especially for pepperoni dips, and other protein snacks.

Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Yolanda P.
on 10/10/11 2:28 am
Thank you so much...girl u are full of info. I just love reading your post. I need to update my ticker, I was revised from lap band to sleeve on 9/26. Not doing to bad. This is the beginning of my 3 week and today I start the pureed stage, at what stage can I eat the cheese crisp?
Yolanda

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 92 views