Support groups in Boston, MA

chunkymonkey1991
on 10/13/11 6:42 am
 Does anyone know of any support groups in Boston? I'm in college here and I'm trying to find one to go to...
Please visit my blog at chunkymonkey6491.blogspot.com  

denebbers
on 10/13/11 9:53 am - Townsend, MA
VSG on 10/13/11 with
Hey Chunky!! I don't know of any but we should at least try to start one if there's nothing around. I live in Townsend MA and just got sleeved today. I def would not mind making the trip to Boston for a meeting. Let me know what you think and we can move forward to create a new support group.

Deneb
chunkymonkey1991
on 10/13/11 10:53 am
 i know that just about every hospital has one, but some of them are only for people who had surgery there.
Please visit my blog at chunkymonkey6491.blogspot.com  

denebbers
on 10/13/11 12:24 pm - Townsend, MA
VSG on 10/13/11 with
I wonder if we can ask around some hospitals and see which one we can join. Where r u having ur surgery? We might want to start there

kimbethin
on 10/13/11 2:11 pm - CA
Mass General should have one.  Matt Hutter is one of the surgeons there who does the VSG.  Maybe you could check their website.
putting one foot in front of the other...        
kimbethin
on 10/13/11 2:16 pm - CA
Sorry just saw that post about only for teir own patients.  If you call the office of the bariatric progam nearest you and ask to speak to the person who runs the support group and explain your situation.  Stress the college student and you really want to be a success with your sleeve and see if they'll make an exception.  Keep trying untill you get what you need.  Schmooze, blarney charm, begging whatever it takes to get what you want.  Good luck!
putting one foot in front of the other...        
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 257 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 323 views