Asking for prayers......Surgery is tomorrow

keywest
on 10/16/11 5:22 am
I can't believe it.  After 6 years of research and preparing, the time is finally here, 6:30AM tomorrow morning.  I'm asking all of you to pray for me to have a successful and complication free surgery.  I also ask for prayer for my family's support as they really don't understand why I am doing this and also to put my daughter's mind at ease.  I have one child and she is 20 years old and she wishes it could be done any other way besides surgery.  I tried to put her mind at ease and not to think the worse but think and pray for the best.  I have to be honest, I am having thoughts to maybe give it one more good try before going under the knife.  I know, if I don't go through with this I will regret it and this maybe the only opportunity I will have to start a new healthy life.  I will keep you all posted.  Thanks for all the advice thus far.  I really appreciate all of you and your kind and honest words.
HW: 250      SW: 237      CW: 174   Goal: 125     Height: 5'1    Surgery Date: 10/17/11

sweetummies
on 10/16/11 5:40 am
Best of luck - prayers coming your way!
Paige V.
on 10/16/11 5:44 am - Gainesville, FL
best wishes =) 

visit my blog at www.thenursemommy.com!
start weight-288 pre-op -5lbs month 1-23lbs month2-14lbs month 3-minus 13lbs month4-minus 12lbs month5-13lbs month 6-8lbs   GOAL-21months out after having a post-WLS baby!

Tiffyanna
on 10/16/11 5:47 am

Prayer warrior on patrol. Best of luck to you tomorrow

onemoretry
on 10/16/11 6:17 am - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
I will be thinking of your tomorrow and praying for you and your family....
Jackie00
on 10/16/11 6:58 am
Good luck tomorrow and have a speedy recovery

I think you are making your best decision out there to go through with it. I thought about trying it one more time too but after so many times of being unsuccessful I knew it was time.

Anything like me, my surgery was a breeze so far, the first day can be rough and it truly felt like I did way too many sit ups, every day gets better where if you have a drain as soon as they take that out you can't believe the difference. I had mine in for two days and it was like a speedy recovery after it was removed and felt so much more like walking.
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

kimbethin
on 10/16/11 7:06 am - CA
I'm so happy your day is finally here!  I'll send love to you and your daughter.  Speedy recovery!
putting one foot in front of the other...        
Limeaide1
on 10/16/11 7:43 am - Olympia, WA
Lots of prayers for you and your family!

1london
on 10/16/11 8:11 am
I will pray for you and your family.  You are making a wise decision.  The sleeve makes it so much easier to make the best choices and to become a more healthier and happier you.
My surgery and recovery went very well.  I walked a lot and this truly helps your recovery.
I too thought of one more round with weight loss without surgery and I was overcome with an urgency to move forward with surgery and once my mind was made up, i never looked back and had a true peace about it and have never, ever regretted getting the sleeve.
I was a self pay and it truly was the wisest money I have ever spent!
I am very grateful for this tool that is taking me to a level of healthy conscious eating that I never really experienced.
I wish you the best and just know that you will be fine and on your way to the new fabulous you!!!  Hugs!

Twizzled D.
on 10/16/11 8:17 am
 Best of luck to you and wishes for a speedy, painless recovery!!!
-Kristi

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views