A couple of NSVs

amy3441
on 10/16/11 10:34 am - TX
As I continue through this journey, I find that the NSVs often bring me more excitement than the pounds coming off. Don't get me wrong - I find it absolutely incredible that I've almost lost 50 pounds, but those NSVs are great.

I had two this weekend.

1) My fiance and I went to a college football game this weekend. I put on a T'Shirt (3x) that was WAY tight last spring when I wore it to a baseball game. It was so tight I had to stretch it to make it at least bareable. Well, I put it the T'shirt on Saturday morning, expecting to have to run through the routine of stretching the shirt. To my surprise, it fit with some bagginess in the stomach, neck, (and much to my fiance's dismay) chest area. Yay! Of course, I'm not quite ready for the 2x yet, but still, it was nice to see the visible signs again.

2) So this one might be TMI, but this afternoon, we were taking a shower together (standard tub/shower combo). My fiance needed to get out of the shower, but didn't want to get out at the front where he was because that would have drenched the bathroom floor. We traded places INSIDE THE SHOWER. I didn't have to get out to let him out. We both kind of stopped and looked at each other and had a "yeah that just happened" moment. That would never have been able to happen 2 months ago.

I hope everyone has had a blessed weekend and has a great week coming up!

(deactivated member)
on 10/16/11 11:16 am - GA
 What a great story, thank you for sharing! Sorry, I am new, what's the NSV?  I'm scheduled for my sleeve December 8th but have been having second thoughts this weekend. Wow, it's such an emotional journey!
newme2011-2012
on 10/16/11 12:00 pm
NSV=Non-scale victory
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

Jennchap
on 10/16/11 1:45 pm - CA
Congrats girl!!! And the shower NSV... priceless... love it love it love it... my kinda NSV for sure!!!! Soon there will be all kindsa comfy shower postions that will be easier... hahahahahahaha lol no but really!!!! 
HW 275   SW 229   CW 136 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 254 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 321 views