please someone just walk me thru the pain

aintstoppin
on 10/16/11 7:15 am - NH
 Haven't been on the forum lately and half been doing quite well.  Today I overate at a party watching the football game and am now in such pain and also have the slimies.  Doesn't happen very  often but I feel like dying right now  

kimbethin
on 10/16/11 7:26 am - CA
I hear standing up and walking helps with that kind of feeling.  I hope you feel better soon.
putting one foot in front of the other...        
1london
on 10/16/11 7:33 am
The sleeve is not happy!  This is what it is saying. ;)  It can definitely happen to the best of us! The good news it will be over soon.  I am sorry you are miserable, the slimmies are not pleasant.
Hang in there, you will be back to normal soon.
Best wishes

dittodotv
on 10/16/11 7:54 am

I'm sorry you aren't feeling well! Guess the sleve is doing what it was supposed to, right? But I have a question - what is "the slimmies" ??? Thanks.

50yr. old female 5'8" / HW 363 / ConsW 346 / SW 333 / CW 184.4

aintstoppin
on 10/16/11 10:08 am - NH
 I didn't have it prior to about 7 months. Probably because I am super frightened to vomit.  I only have a few times in my life.  Many get it right from the start.  When you get overfull it is like things back up but instead of vomiting you are either wiping a slimey liquid into a tissue or over the toilet.  I think it the body's way of trying to rid itself of what it can't digest.  Maybe someone else has a better explanation but that is what it feels like to me.  During the process you feel extreme pain mainly in the area of the esophagus.   

MyOwnSunshine
on 10/16/11 7:54 am
I ate some too-dry chicken breast for lunch on Friday and had my first episode of sleeve unhappiness.  I think you just have to wait it out.  Once you're past your time limit for drinking, try taking little sips of water to get things to move through. 

I just closed my office door and alternated standing up with my arms above my head and sitting with my head on my des****il it passed.  I think it lasted about 30 minutes, but it felt like forever.

Lesson learned.  No more plain grilled chicken from the cafeteria. 
" I am not at all concerned with appearing to be consistent. In my pursuit after Truth I have discarded many ideas and learnt many new things."  Ghandi            
edelu
on 10/16/11 8:49 am, edited 10/16/11 8:49 am - los angeles, CA
I only had it happen once but i was so miserable i made myself throw up immediatly.  then it was all over.  Don't anyone flame me for this.  I don't care.
aintstoppin
on 10/16/11 10:13 am - NH
 I have heard that a lot  about chicken.  It never happened to me but I was very careful only to eat moist chicken.  I tend to go with the dark meat now.

Yes it does feel like forever but just as quickly as it comes, when it is done, it is done.

Yes I always have to stand and walk it off.  I know people who lie down.  I can't even imagine that

Jillville
on 10/16/11 9:22 am - Surrey, Canada
VSG on 04/16/12
 I'm waiting to get the VSG - what are the slimies/slimmies???  Hope you feel better - pain sucks!! 

CCWannabe
on 10/16/11 9:24 am
Have you tried chewing papaya enzymes to help you digest?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 311 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 359 views