my first pureed meal

bklyncat58
on 10/19/11 8:05 am - NJ
made a hubby a crock pot of beef stew. it smells so good . then went to my doc. and I'm pureed so came home put a small piece of beef some carrots and potatoe in a food processor and it was so gooodd. now how do i figure the protein count on this when I only ate 2 or 3 baby spoons of it

jessicae
on 10/19/11 8:24 am
 i would still get your protein in from your other sources and then just count the puree as "extra" until you can eat a "real" amount like 1/4 cup or 1/2 cup.  

i tried baby food stage 1 turkey today and didn't count it as added protein because i only had a few baby spoonfulls of it.  once i get used to purees and can actually measure, then i will count it.  

for now i'm just counting my protein shakes/milk that i add the protein powder too.  with 2 shakes i'm at about 50 ounces of protein.  haven't been able to get more than that just yet at 3 weeks out. 

Jessica              Surgery Date 9/29/11 Dr. Ian Soriano Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA          HW: 287 / Pre-Op: 280 / SW: 263.4 / CW: 161.6 GW: 145

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views