2 month update

stacezoe
on 10/19/11 12:27 pm
Soooooo 8 weeks today I was sleeved. I can't believe its been that long. I meant to take measurements but didn't get around to it...I work in insurance and it is the insanely busy season...So I'll just give a quick update.

I am officially down 30 lbs, 24 since surgery. I am a slow loser apparently whatever. I am losing though however so I'm not going to let losing slow get me down, just going to work my tool the best way I can.

I'm able to eat most thing now...although I stick to proteins first in all feedings, that leaves very little room for anything else. I have finally found a protein I like I take the Nectar chocolate truffle and mix with silk almond light milk and a tablspoon of instant coffee and blend with ice!!!! YUMMO just like a frappuccino, I even got light whipped cream 10 calories and 1 carb and this  'indulgence' turns it into a treat instead of a chore. So I get all my fluids in and all my protein EVERY day now.

I hit a stall at 2.5 weeks that lasted 3.5 weeks and nearly drove me mad, but I upped my fluid and protein and it has broke, now I am steady losing about a lb every 3 days, which hey it is what it is. But I know I'm doing what i need to do to be sucsessful. I've just been riding my exercise bike at night for cardio and I know I have to up that but at least I'm moving everyday. I'm thinking of taking up boxing!

Month 1  -17
Month 2 -7
(24 total)

Inspiration move me brightly...Grateful Dead Terapin Station
  HW 286 SW 279 CW 231 40y/o 5'10  Month 1-17, 2-7#, 3- 7#, 4-3#,5-3#      
felicity2u
on 10/19/11 12:49 pm - LA
Congrats! Keep up the great work, you are doing wonderfully!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

amidwife4u
on 10/19/11 12:59 pm
Thanks for posting your update.  I typically am a slow loser as well.  I am only 3 weeks out from my surgery today.  I lost 19.5 lbs from when I left the hospital, in the first 2 weeks.  For the last week I have not lost a pound.  Frustrating....but I KNOW that my body will eventually have to start losing since I am only eating 800 calories a day.  I think some of my problem is that I'm not getting enough fluids in.  I am working on it.  Just realized a few days ago that I was having reflux.  I added Prevacid at night and was already taking Nexium in the AM.  The night dose has made a huge difference and am now working at getting in 64 ounces of water a day (haven't made it yet, but working on it).  Knowing your experience with a stall so early, gives me hope that the weight will eventually make it's way off my hips.

Keep going on your journey!  Your persistance will pay off!

HW 232 SW 218  WT when leaving hospital 219.5
Prettygia
on 10/19/11 7:26 pm - MD
Congrats to you! I am a slow loser too! I have lost about 42 lbs in about 2 months. My Dr. says I should have lost more but as long as i am losing I am content. Good luck!
[url=http://www.weight-loss-center.net/weight-loss-tickers.html][img]http://www.weight-loss-center.net/weight-loss-tickers/uploads/tickers/fd6b1c6abeed7a2.gif[/img][/url]

edelu
on 10/20/11 5:07 am - los angeles, CA
Hey Stacey,

If it's any consolation I'm losing slower than you.  i may be the slowest loser on the board which is stunning to me on an hourly basis but it is what it is and maybe it will change.  i charted other posters who started off and my weight and who were admitted slow losers and they still for the most part made their goals by 6-7 months, so I'm hopeful, well really what else can i be i got the package i got.  i did stop weighing, that was bothering me more than the lack of loss, so now i weigh at the Dr's office.  hang in there. Eating my bufffalo chicken salad as i speak.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views