Tomorrow is my first day on real food, any suggestions

Tee78
on 10/23/11 7:04 am
I am off purred foods and on to reall food starting tomorrow. I know i still cant eat everything just yet but do you have any suggestions for someone just starting out

BethR311
on 10/23/11 7:06 am - Fort Wayne, IN
Tuna, canned chicken breast, string cheese?

Open yourself to possibility and possibility will present itself.
Tee78
on 10/23/11 7:11 am
isnt that the same thing as the purreed stage
foodlover
on 10/23/11 7:11 am
anything soft and build up from there to see what you can tolerate.   Best of luck!
percheron
on 10/23/11 7:25 am
I was told to try one new thing a day and at home to make sure my new tummy was going to be OK with real food again and if it wasn't I would know what to wait on for a while.  haha...

Our first out for a date and real food was Chinese.  I ordered the mandarin chicken without the sauce and it was so full of flavor.  I could only eat about 1/2 of it, I ordered a child's portion, but oh it was good.  I also asked for 1/4 of a cup of cottage cheese and they even brought me that.  I think my meal cost 3.50...lol..

As for a meal at home to try, tonight we are having chicken wraps, chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces, marinaded in teriyaki (spelling) sauce and pineapple and wrapped in bacon.  Smells SO good.  I figured I would also make naked potato salad to go with it.

Just remember to take it very easy and careful...a few bites, wait and see if it's staying down and be SURE to refrain from water 15 minutes before eating and 45 minutes after eating so the food doesn't come back up in your throat.  Also, measure/weigh...don't just guess, you might over eat and have it feel like it's coming back up.  I was told to start with 2-4 ounces...so go by your doctors suggestions.

ENJOY!  Your taste buds will jump for joy. 

Kathy

MyOwnSunshine
on 10/23/11 7:26 am
Refried beans worked well for me the first few days.  I also did okay with a scrambled egg and Morning Star Farms sausage.  Cottage cheese...  turkey roll-ups with a cube of watermelon...  yogurt with fresh berries...  go slow and try some things that really sound good.  Avoid dry dense meats and eating too quickly.
" I am not at all concerned with appearing to be consistent. In my pursuit after Truth I have discarded many ideas and learnt many new things."  Ghandi            
(deactivated member)
on 10/23/11 8:01 am
I second tuna. We are all different, you will need to try different things in very small quantities. I just cannot eat eggs which makes me sad, some can though. Chicken is another that is hard, bit doable. Beans, cheese, fish of different varieties, chicken, pork, etc. Is wait on beef, that's hard to digest.
mandyc1975
on 10/24/11 7:00 am - Richardson, TX
VSG on 09/20/11 with
I could not eat eggs either but I love eggs so I kept trying different ways. I found that for me I could  eat scrambled eggs only if I put syrup on them (sugar free of course. I use hungry jack SF butter flavored. I don't use very much and the calories are very low). It's worth a try if you use to love eggs!
Do not ask God to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet.

9/4 (pro op) 299 lbs - 9/20 (surgery day) 285 lbs - 10/4 268 lbs - 11/7 251 lbs- 12/8 239 lbs - 1/9 222 lbs - 2/7 214 lbs - 3/3 202 lbs - 3/19 194 lbs ... 9/20/2012 - 142 lbs
Soosy
on 10/23/11 1:25 pm - TX
Some tender chopped beef or sliced brisket, take small bites!
Turkey meatballs with Marinara... I had about 2 the first time. Homemade so you control the ingredients!
I do really well with shrimp. Not so well with chicken. I had ham from a BBQ place yesterday that was really good! The key is moist and tender meats!

Some days are better than others but I have days now where I feel like eating mushies again!
~Susan
http://samesoosy.blogspot.com
VSG: September 13, 2011   HW:285    SW:253

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 80 views