restriction

bklyncat58
on 10/24/11 6:38 am - NJ
when do I start feeling restriction. had surgery the 13th can now drink without a problem . and I'm on the mushy stage for lunch had about  3 tablespoons of hummus . didn't eat all of it but could have. for dinner will have left over broccoli and cheese soup that I put in the blender last night . how do I know when I'm full I'm just being so careful I think I'm under eating. and when everybody says the food dosen't go down well or makes you feel icky can you explain that . any advice will be helpful thanks

acbbrown
on 10/24/11 6:45 am - Granada Hills, CA
Restriction isnt really a concept that's going to apply so much at this stage unless you stuff yourself. You are still swolllen and healing and the nerves arent working well enough for you to have a "normal" full signal.

LIquids will rarely fill you up and make you feel full as it is. You wont start feeling "restriction" until you start eating solids and mostly dense protein.

You'll know what it feels like when something doesnt feel good :)

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

emelar
on 10/24/11 6:52 am - TX
You start feeling restriction when you start eating "real" food.  I didn't feel anything during the liquid stage either.  Be grateful that you can get your fluids in without a problem!

Measure out what you're scheduled to eat and stop when it's gone or when you feel satisfied, whichever comes first.  Don't go looking for "full."
Happy966
on 10/24/11 7:24 am

I felt restriction one time on a protein drink, just once.  It caught me by surprise and it wasn't pleasant!  Otherwise, I have had zero restriction on liquids.  I weigh and measure my food because I rarely feel full or satisfied until well after I have eaten.  If I eat too much, then it's too late.  Depending on the food, 1.75 - 2.5 ounces of dense protein satisfies me (chicken on the low end, flaky fish on the high end).

I had hardly any swelling after surgery.  I could drink as fast I could before surgery, which wasn't super fast or anything, but I never felt any difference on the drinking side.  Mostly the only way I can "tell" I've had surgery is that I am satisfied by much less food.  Sometimes I feel a little lump in the back of my throat that is my signal that I might be a little past satisfied.  Nothing painful, but it's definitely there.  That's the only difference I've noticed physically since surgery (besides being able to survive on just a small amount of food). 

I know I don't have the smallest sleeve out there, but I'm trying to eat like it's small.  While I'm satisfied on 600-650 calories, I'm going to try to stay here.  Lots of time to eat more down the road.

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

(deactivated member)
on 10/24/11 10:11 am - GA
 Everyone's posts are so helpful to us "prebies!" I have my surgery scheduled for the 8th of December. I can't wait!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views