tomorrow it begins

shoop
on 10/24/11 10:36 pm
 tomorrow is D day for me...i start my pre op diet of liquids and no smoking...this is going to be tough yet interesting for me.  its so funny that my five year old looks at my counter of protein drinks and says as we are walking out the door for school "HEY MOM DONT FORGET TO PUT THOSE IN THE FRIDGE SO THEY WILL BE COLD FOR YOU TOMORROW"  Its amazing where you can find support! lol.....im not gonna lie i am nervous and my husband says this is the only week he feels safer in a war zone being deployed than at home lol! 

if you have any advice for this stage please let me know..if not maybe this will make you laugh a little...have a great day everyone!

1london
on 10/24/11 10:45 pm
I did laugh! :)  First I have to say what a sweet little one you have, cheering mom on and may not even know it!
I wanted to wish you the best on the beginning of your new journey.  I am excited for you and you will be so happy that you have begun the path to the new and healthy, fabulous you!
Take one day at a time and keep your mind and eyes on the "reality" that you are doing something not only wonderful for you, but for your family as well.
We are here cheering you on!!!  You CAN do this!

shoop
on 10/24/11 11:49 pm
 thank you so much for the encouragement..it does mean alot!
cdarragh
on 10/24/11 10:55 pm - Abilene, TX
I feel your pain!! I started my liquid diet on Saturday and It's probably one of the toughest things I've had to do, but it's totally worth it!! Since Saturday I have lost 7lbs and I know that the more I lose now the closer I am to my goal. I think the hardest thing for me is that I am (soon to be was) a grazer... For instance I'll fix my son pizza rolls or french fries etc., and I would just pop one into my mouth on occasion. Last night was tough, he was done eating and I looked down at his tray and my mouth started watering over a french fry!!  But I didn't give in!! I'm determined to do the best I can. I think that as long as you remember what you are doing this for it makes it easier to get through! My surgery is scheduled for next wednesday, when are you having yours?

I didn't have to deal with quitting smoking since I quit when I found out I was pregnant with my son, but I know that will be tough as well. Best of luck to you!!
HW: 355 SW: 322 GW: 160 HT: 6'1"

shoop
on 10/24/11 11:49 pm, edited 10/24/11 11:51 pm
 my surgery is nov 2 ~ looks like we will be sleeve sisters...i too am in tx!

and i have two little cheer leader men..ages five and seven! 

im afraid that is what will happen to me...i graze too...look at the kids plate and am like oh you didnt finish your food...let me help...really what was i helping other than my brain ...def not my middle lol!
cdarragh
on 10/25/11 12:17 am - Abilene, TX

LOL, I figure if I can kick that habit now then I won't pick it up agin after surgery! Fingers crossed anyways!

HW: 355 SW: 322 GW: 160 HT: 6'1"

newme2011-2012
on 10/25/11 2:54 am
I start my 2 week pre-op this Thursday.. So I will be right there with you as well.
Going to try not to be too cranky.. Quitting smoking WOW on top of the pre-diet ..Stay strong.. That will be the hardest...But also the best for you .

Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views