first day of pre op liquids not going so well

shoop
on 10/26/11 7:58 am
 So today is my first day of liquids on the pre op side of things and i am absolutely miserable...i failed completely ...(once today) and i feel awful about it..i think that i have all the carb counting down where there should not be a problem tomorrow at all...i also stopped smoking as of today which is making things amplify greatly.  I am very weak due to my b12 being low to begin with and Im just now sure how to approach the situation.. I was banded in 09 and i only had three days pre op liquids so this week thing is making my compulsion show its ugly head... I know I need this surgery done for my health as well as the quality of life that i have and show my children, it just seems this step is more of a gargantuine leap for me....thanks for listening to me vent

slimpickins5280
on 10/26/11 8:10 am - CO
Yeah ... it sucks. Just keep reminding yourself that it's for a limited amount of time and it's at the end of this you will be on the road to a healthier life.

Keep drinking the liquids.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

newme2011-2012
on 10/26/11 8:21 am
I start my 2 week tomorrow.. But I am so ready for it...So tired of food contorling me..I know this is the last part to get me to surgery.
I think stopping smoking the same day is what is making it super hard for you!!! Keep giving it your best shot...You can do this. Maybe some SF suckers to help with the oral complusive part of quitting smoking..You are doing fine.Don't be so hard on yourself..

Julie

Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

precious_diamond38
on 10/26/11 9:44 am - VA
U can do it i felt the same way 5 weeks ago.... i had a hard time my first day on pre op diet but i made it through... i kept thinking if i mess this up i may never get another chance to have this surgery and i would beat my self up for not doing it ...i was even ready to pull the plug not because i was hungry because i started having anxiety thinking this is really happening do i really want somebody cutting on me what if this what if that... its only been 3 weeks but so far i am pleased with my sleeve... keep your head up...
scorp2413
on 10/26/11 10:51 am - orchard park, NY
Hang in there! I am on day 3 of my liquid pre-op. I will warn you, day 2 is worse than day 1. The dreaded headache set in. Eating the jello and having some broth really helped me. Day 3 is better than day 2 and I hear it gets better. I only have12 days left before surgery. Look at the benefit of the pre-op diet, I have already lost 8 lbs.

shoop
on 10/26/11 11:25 pm
 Thanks everyone for the support! right now with my husband deployed you guys are the rockin support group i have!  The headache and body aches were horrid last night and the energy level was yeah...non existant so the kiddos and i were in bed by 8 last night...i know its early in the morning but so far im just a little tired ..just conquered the first protein shake and while i have the slightest bit of energy i have to clean the house before time for a second shake lol! Thanks again everyone! hope yall have a great day!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 316 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views