looking for a sugen in mexico

roxann
on 10/30/11 7:28 am - chanute, KS
has any on has dr castenada in puerta vallarta
newme2011-2012
on 10/30/11 7:40 am
I am going to Dr. Kelly in tijauna on Nov. 10th.
Serch on here there are alot of people that used various ones in Mexico.. Good luck on your search!!

Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

(deactivated member)
on 10/30/11 8:01 am - Canada
Never heard of him but if you're considering Puerto Vallerta go see Dr. Joya. He is an amazing surgeon and I have had no issues at all with my sleeve. I would go to him again and highly recommend him and his staff. And his prices have dropped.
roxann
on 10/30/11 8:30 am - chanute, KS
he is at the cmq hospital in puerto vallarta but anyway... so dr joya is in puert vallarta.... well with the sleeve how much you think i could ecpect to lose? if im 5'5 297lbs
DonnaCrosland
on 10/30/11 9:00 am - WA
Dr. Ortiez is my surgeon - got my sleeve a month ago but he has been my doc since 2004 - I had a band that failed (nothing to do with him - but he did help me decide how to fix the problem).  Loving my sleeve - down 34 lbs so far and very very happy.

We are each so different, but Dr. Miranda (the Nut for Dr. Ortiez) says you can typically expect to lose about 80% of your targeted weight if you work with your sleeve and do your part.  I lost 100% of my target weight with my band and know I will do the same for the 60 I needed to lose with the sleeve (I gained during the slip - )

Good luck - the Mexican docs are mostly wonderful.

Donna
dec721
on 10/30/11 10:39 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
There are many excellent Mexican surgeons, because they have been doing the sleeve down there longer than US surgeons.  I went to Dr. Alvarez in Piedras Negras, just over the border from Eagle Pass, TX.  His website is endobariatric.com .  He is top-notch!  I had a wonderful experience, and I have not had the first problem since.  Other reputable surgeons are Drs. Joya and Aceves.
--Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

amidwife4u
on 10/30/11 2:38 pm
I used Dr. Aceves in Mexicali.  Had a wonderful experience.  Stayed in the hospital, no recovery house.  Worth every penny in my opinion.  His team is wonderful and the communication after surgery has been wonderful as well.  if you want more information about my experience, email me privately. 

HW 232 SW 218  WT when leaving hospital 219.5
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 258 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 324 views