Feelin' a little bit down

susanraywilliams
on 11/3/11 12:44 pm
Don't like to be a downer but I can't seem to shake how I've been feeling today.

Seems like every time I turn around there's a carb staring at me.

Also, no matter how much I stretch it out, my sciatica pain seems to be creeping further down my leg.

Those two things on top of this blah feeling I'm experiencing.

I'm kind of lonely but don't feel like talking. I know it doesn't make any sense and I'm having some sort of a weird pity party. I guess I was hoping that by typing it out it would feel better.

Thanks for the time to vent.

Have a blessed one

"Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." William Duran

(deactivated member)
on 11/3/11 1:34 pm
Everyone's entitled to a "pity party" now and again. I had one just the other day as a matter of fact. It lasted for a few hours, too. Then I picked myself up, posted what I was going through and Kimbethin posted back the perfect post to get me back to reality. Her post got me to turn around my mood and look at my situation from a much more positive place.
Sciatica pain is awful! I've had it once before and it sucks. Just keep stretching and think about how far you've come. You've lost almost 60 pounds! That is fantastic. You are doing great. You're having a crappy day and it'll come to an end soon and tomorrow you can wake up feeling good again.
I'll say a little prayer for you that you feel your spirit lift. 
Amy D.
on 11/3/11 1:44 pm
 I have been having pity party for myself also!!  I am almost done with my third day pre-op liquid diet & food has been calling my name all day!!  I have been having a fight with myself & then I am also getting so nervous for my surgery on Tuesday!!   We both can make it!!   

VSG 11-8-11      HW 327       SW 255   Mo.1-25 lbs  loss  " I think that everything happens to me for a reason. The hard times that I go through build character, making me a much stronger person.?
dec721
on 11/4/11 12:19 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
(((hugs!)))  I'm so sorry you are having a tough time, Susan. 

Chronic pain really can cause depression.  I have had fibromyalgia for almost 30 years and a couple of years ago developed severe nerve pain from my lower back down into my leg, most likely sciatica.  (I had to have spinal surgery to help it, but I still have pain.)  It is the devil, isn't it??  Have you been to the doctor?  Can he give you some Neurontin or Lyrica for the pain?  Those two meds really help.

And I completely understand being lonely but not wanting to talk :-)  I live alone, often feel lonely, but don't want to be with other people.  Crazy, isn't it??    But this is a great place to vent ... and I'm glad you did!

Take good care of yourself, and drink your water, heh heh :-)
--Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views