Itchy incision sites-- any suggestions on product to use?

TheBiscuit
on 11/4/11 11:46 pm - TX
 I'm just over 3 weeks post op and my incisions have healed nicely, but they itch like CRAZY lately. Bug-bite kind of crazy. I try not to scratch them but sometimes it just drives me bonkers and I have to. They're all puffy and pink looking this morning, like I rolled in something! What can I put on these so I'll leave em alone?
hanset
on 11/4/11 11:58 pm - marcus hook, PA
I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN!, LOL mine was itchy too! I saw my surg,. and he said LEAVE THEM ALONE and DONT TOUCH IT! LOL cause then they will get infected. I was also told to put an Ice pack on them it will help with the itching. but put a something between your skin and ice pack
~~Traci~~~        
TheBiscuit
on 11/5/11 12:18 am - TX
 Washcloth and ice pack, gotcha! Thank ye' ma'am :D
urmisnshin2
on 11/5/11 12:08 am - TX
Mine were the same, but don't put anything on them. I used an ice pack, but when the temptation was too great to scratch them, I would use a dry  washcloth to rub over them, it doesn't abrade the tissue like fingernails do, and feels pretty good too!

HW 280  SW 260 CW 155 GW 160      

TheBiscuit
on 11/5/11 12:17 am - TX
 Thank you! That DOES sound like it would feel good. 
BethR311
on 11/5/11 3:36 am - Fort Wayne, IN
Mine itched like crazy too! Sometimes I would just rub them. That itchiness is almost completely gone now. It's a sign of healing, I think.

Open yourself to possibility and possibility will present itself.
SkinnyJeansSoon
on 11/5/11 4:09 am
After they were completely closed i put the neosporin with pain on all of them. It took care of the itching and I swear it is making them disappear. They look like tiny scratches and I am only 2 weeks post op. I bet they won't be visible in the near future. I love that neosporin stuff.

(VSG - 10/20/2011)
HT: 5'9

revisiondecision2011
on 11/6/11 5:14 am
I have the same thing. I am about 2 weeks out. I have been told it is the healing at the site. The skin is binding to new skin and Proteins to fuse together. It's a good hinge. Enjoy!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views