3 days post op!!!

cdarragh
on 11/5/11 9:19 am - Abilene, TX

Hello all!!

Well I am officially three days post op from my VSG. The 3 hour drive from Decatur to Abilene Thursday afternoon was pretty tough on me. I've been sore and stiff, but I think the worst pain is the gas that has worked it's way up into my chest and shoulders. I walk all day long and it hasn't seemed to of gotten better the past couple days. Trying to get my liquids in is pretty tough as well. I take a sip and it displaces some gas and causes a big bubble and I have to wait to burp it out! Which hurts!! At least there is no nausa, and I have been able to keep some Isopure down. I'll try to keep this updated as I go along!

HW: 355 SW: 322 GW: 160 HT: 6'1"

(deactivated member)
on 11/5/11 9:24 am - GA
Hey Sweetie!

It is so good to hear from you. I'm glad the surgery went well. Your spirits still seem high and loveable, good for you. How was you pain post-op?

Keep us updated and nice job!
cdarragh
on 11/5/11 10:09 am - Abilene, TX
Yea I just keep telling myself that this will go away and I will start feeling better soon!! Pain hasn't been too bad, the day of surgery I hit the pain pump pretty hard but like today I've only had one pain pill. Not too bad!!

TallTXN
on 11/5/11 9:37 am
VSG on 11/01/11 with
Congrats!!

I'm 4 days post op and the gas is killing me too.  It's been in my belly so eating has been hit and miss.  Yesterday was great - drank lots and ate some pureed soup.  Today has been not great - too much pain in my belly to drink or eat much of anything.  I've been walking too.

Each day I feel better.  Hang in there!!

ctwoman
on 11/5/11 9:46 am
Congratulations!  The gas pain will pass...stay strong!  I am 5 days post op.  Fortunately I have had no gas pain with this operation however I did with my previous Lapband surgery so I understand, believe me!  I, unlike you had terrible nausea...NOT FUN!  Just keep walking and the gas will soon be gone!  Take care!
HW 315 - Lapband 11/7/07 Lapband emergency removal 3/17/11 -weighed 159
VSG Pre-op diet 10/21/11 weighed 256 - Surgery on 10/31/11 weighed 239.8

Butterflykisses455
on 11/5/11 9:48 am - Zeeland, MI
VSG on 04/16/14
 Congrats to you both keep up the great work and thank you for posting!!  I love to know what I have in for myself and appreciate that you all are willing too share!!  TY again 

~Molly~

cdarragh
on 11/5/11 10:11 am - Abilene, TX
Thanks all for the words of encouragement!! I'm hoping that it gets better in the next couple days! My toddler comes home tomorrow so it will be tough getting him to understand that he won't be able to jump on mommy!! LOL

TexasProud
on 11/5/11 10:22 am - Frisco, TX
Congrats!! Glad you'e doing well. My surgery is Monday. So excited!!

lavendargirl1
on 11/5/11 10:52 am
The gas that they fill your abdomen with so that they can see to do the surgery settles up in the shoulders. It takes a few days to pass, but it does pass. I actually went a week out of surgery and had a massage on my upper shoulders and the left over gas passed.
It really is gonna be OK, just hang in there.
(deactivated member)
on 11/5/11 11:22 am - Joliet, IL
Just wondering if you can use the gas x melt away strip?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 313 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views