Stalled

Tee78
on 11/7/11 7:36 pm
I am 6 weeks post op and I am stalled at 240lbs. I have lost about 40lbs since my surgery but I hope this is not the end of my journey. A friend that is 18 months post op told me that this happens and if I continue to exercise and eat right I will start losing again. She says that it is just my body adapting to the rapid weight loss. If anyone else is experiencing this or has experienced this please tell me about it.

Thanks
PapaJack
on 11/7/11 8:01 pm - VA
Listen to your friend

Sleeved July 26 2011
Dr. Clark Newport News VA
Married 40 years
2 Kids, 2 Grandkids
1 old dog        

Happy966
on 11/7/11 8:02 pm

If you read back in the forum, you will see many posts on stalls.  They are very common, and as long as you're on plan, no big deal.  Just frustrating!  Don't worry about it and have faith!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

katier825
on 11/7/11 8:49 pm
Your friend is right. As hard as it is, try not to get discouraged. Have you checked your measurements? Tried on some smaller clothes? You will lose inches when the scale doesn't move.
howarli
on 11/7/11 10:08 pm - MD
I am coming up on in 6 weeks and have only lost around 30lbs and most of that was during the first 2 weeks.  I have had my TMO twice so far and that certainly has not helped.  I just continue to pray that I am losing inches but I dare not check since the scale is enough torture.  Good job on the 40lbs and just keep during what your are doing.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views