Several topics!!

cdarragh
on 11/7/11 10:01 pm - Abilene, TX
Morning All!!

So, first of all, I'm 6 days post op and I am officially out of the 300's and NEVER want to go back!!!! I haven't been under 300 in two years and this morning I weighed in at 298!!

Secondly, for those who are wondering when to go back to work, here is my story.... I came back to work yesterday, 5 days post op! I'm still sore on my left side and I get wore out pretty quickly, but I sit behind a desk all day and have a toddler that stays at home with my husband, so it's pretty much safer for me to be at work! LOL But I worked 9.5 hours yesterday and did fine. It's different for everyone but I wanted to let people know that I was able to do it without any issues!!

Lastly, I don't know if anyone else does this, but you know when you have a lot of saliva floating around and you try to take a breath and swallow at the same time by accident and it causes you to start coughing up a lung??!! Well, that happened to me last night, only I felt like I was going to cough up my new precious sleeve...it hurt so bad! I had a pillow pressed against my stomach to try to help, but I had to sit there for a good five minutes before it stopped feeling like I had ripped something! Ouch!!

Well that's pretty much my update for today, oh BTW, I was majorly dragging but this morning - my 5:30 alarm is waaaaaaayyyyyyy too early - so I stopped and got my first Starbucks post op, sugar free iced vanilla latte, and it seems to be aggreeing with me! Yay!! I'm such a Starbucks junkie!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

Cristy
HW: 355 SW: 322 GW: 160 HT: 6'1"

anninva
on 11/7/11 10:41 pm - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
Hey Cristi!  welcome to the post-op world!  and phew! for the coffee!!  i was told there was no problem with it either and boy was i glad.  i have a mcd on my way to work, so i get the sugar free vanilla latte there -- yum!!!!!

as for that saliva thing, you may just want to let it out instead of trying to swallow it -- i've had it a bunch of times and it's gross.  i think people call it the foamies.  it's better to just get it outta there so you don't have to cough up a lung -- you need 'em!!!

have slid over on the losers' bench and your place is waiting for you!!!!    (((hugs)))

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

cdarragh
on 11/8/11 12:03 am - Abilene, TX
Yea I've read about getting the foamies thing....but this i've done before, It's no intentional and it happes sometimes when I go to take a quick breath but end up swallowing at the same time...Wierd I know!! LOL

So excited to join the loser's bench!!

Allison B.
on 11/7/11 11:08 pm - Canaan, ME
VSG on 01/09/12
Wow!  Only 5 days post-op and coffee!?!?!?  That's exciting news!  My NUT is telling me 6 months because caffeine aggravates the stomach lining and that incision is brand new and delicate!  LOL.  I guess it's all individual, huh?  :)
cdarragh
on 11/8/11 12:04 am - Abilene, TX
Yea different doctor's believe in different things. In the info that my doctor gave me it says that coffee is OK, just limit it to one to two cups daily. And it's important to make sure that you drink extra fluids to replace the coffee. But it sure is a lifesaver!! LOL

theshrinkingmimi
on 11/8/11 7:02 am
Congrats on leaving the 300s!!
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 313 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views